Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Lloyd rocks

[ QUOTE ]
you suck-ups

[/ QUOTE ]

Suck ups?

Obviously you are still too used to having your parents around to truely appreciate someone who does something for you with no expectation of something in return.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-17-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Dude, chill.

joke (jok) pronunciation
n.

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal.
1. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
2. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Dude, chill.

Im waiting for the return of the simple "I was kidding". Everyone seems to be jumping on the "paste the definition" bandwagon.

but yes, lloyd has been a gift. it was only after I moved into posting on other forums as well that I realized how lucky the MTT forum is.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:20 PM

Absolutely. Lloyd has done a hell of a job. In fact, on the subway on the way to work today I was just thinking how great his anthology of 2+2 wisdom is that he put together. His dedication and generosity to our forum is a gift to us all. Thank you, sir.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, hooray for Lloyd!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lloyd does indeed rock.

Thanks lloyd!

-Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My names not ray, but I agree with the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2005, 11:58 PM

I appreciate all the kind words. I really want this forum to be valuable because, frankly, I want to be an excellent MTT player and I'm confident that this is where it can happen for me or anybody else.

Please don't forget that Foucault was the one who kicked off the anthology with many of the threads. And Skjonne suggested Play a Hand with the Masters (comparing it to a bridge example). I'm just facilitating the ideas and moving them along. I hope to get a Topic of the Week started next week and alternate that with the "Hand". But there's certainly more we can do if others come up with some good ideas.

Thanks again and let's all continue to make this a great place to learn tournament poker.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I appreciate all the kind words. I really want this forum to be valuable because, frankly, I want to be an excellent MTT player and I'm confident that this is where it can happen for me or anybody else.

Please don't forget that Foucault was the one who kicked off the anthology with many of the threads. And Skjonne suggested Play a Hand with the Masters (comparing it to a bridge example). I'm just facilitating the ideas and moving them along. I hope to get a Topic of the Week started next week and alternate that with the "Hand". But there's certainly more we can do if others come up with some good ideas.

Thanks again and let's all continue to make this a great place to learn tournament poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Play a Hand with the Masters a lot. Please don't replace it, although Topic of the Week would be cool.

I'd like it a lot if Play a Hand with the Masters became a long-running tradition and the hands started to get more commonplace.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:24 AM

No replacing, just alternating. "Hand" is about a two week process first getting the hand submitted, panel put together, and their initial comments. So during that week I can have a "topic of the week".
Old 10-18-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that many gave their kuddos to Lloyd in the latest "Masters" thread, but I wanted to start another thread to formally say THANKS to Lloyd for all of his hard and unpaid work to make this forum better.

The forum has taken a swing for the better lately.

In fact, I personally thanked Lloyd by donking off all my chips to him in hand 3 of the last super we played together. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Cheers Lloyd, nice work.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually agree with Woodguy's reasoning, and this instance is no exception.

Good job Lloyd,
and thanks for thinking of this post Wood