Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-17-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Results and Panel Comments

[ QUOTE ]
Which also gets to Gigabet's initial flop bet which I don't recall has been discussed in this thread yet. How many of us would just go ahead and make a 2/3 to pot size bet to protect our hand on that kind of a board? Every decision made in this hand was to extract the maximum number of chips from a worse hand/bluff until the river when it shifted to the gambler's ruin concept - it was more valuable to leave with 900 chips if behind then win another 900 chips if ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was happy to see Giga had the same size flop bet as me, and for the exact same reasons.

w00t.

---

And yea for those that saying we just got lucky here and were doomed to lose the hand... but QT was just part of his range, he very well could have been on a bluff or weak Ace here.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain's flop and turn bet both were strange and indicated either the nuts or a complete bluff. This is undoubtably why Gigabet flat called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did he flat call? Because he thought he was up against the nuts? or Because he thought it was a bluff? If he thought it was a bluff, wouldn't he put him all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kind of elementary and I don't know if I should answer it. Gigabet thinks he is either up against the nuts or a pure bluff. In either case, raising would be a bad play. I am not clear what you gain by taking someone allin if you think they are bluffing.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:49 PM

Which MTT guru was it that said "calling is the new raising"? This hand was a very good example.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not clear what you gain by taking someone allin if you think they are bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are right, you take all of their chips.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:53 PM

that would be the case if you were CALLING all in... but if you think they're bluffing, and you raise them... THEY'LL FOLD if you were right, and if you were wrong, you lost extra chips.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not clear what you gain by taking someone allin if you think they are bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are right, you take all of their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if I bet into you as a bluff, and you raise all in, you think I'm going to call?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:09 PM

Not saying that I would fold the flop after his check raise...but, how many times have you seen these players check the nuts on the flop, and raise precisely double your bet? I've seen it enough times to at least highly consider that he has QT, and that I might be hoping for another A or K. Please don't flame me, all I'm saying is that we've seen players on Party and Stars do this so often it has become commonplace. It's a weakness by these players with the nuts on the flop because they seem to be afraid that if they bet anymore they won't be called, and they won't get to show their pretty nuts...lol.