Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: KTs at 10/20 stars

Hi Trix,

I think this is an interesting hand. Perhaps it is partially because you seem to be in a mess being so out of position w/ a likely dominated king. I know the texture of the game is very important to your decisions and I have no idea what the stars games or these players are like, but against average 10/20 players like on PP, I think the call is marginal at best. I wouldn't CC this on the button. Would you? A lot of times that is what I ask when I'm looking for a fold. Since a lot of the strength of your hand comes from it being suited, I would like the call a lot more if CO was not about to go all in. Perhaps my reasoning is wrong and or your reads overcame these factors. I presume that if you had any strong reads you'd have included them in your OP.

The flop is interesting too. What would you have done if you tried to C/R and it came back to you 2 bets? Having a poor kicker in an aggressive pot w/ a million draws looks to be a tough spot for me. I would like to hear you comment on how you think the CO being all in effects your decisions (if it did). What were you putting UTG on when you capped and what was your purpose for the cap?

By the time the turn drops, to me you look to be behind 50% at least. UTG was EP PFR, so I think a better K is more likely than spades. But spades/gutshot are certainly possible as well as a PP and A9. It looks more likely to me that you are the one drawing and the side pot is so small that offering a free card does not look to be too dangerous. W/ the extra outs that you picked up, I like having UTG in lead as it makes a river c/r more likely when you catch. Do you have any thoughts on this?

My initial thoughts...

PT
Old 10-14-2005, 05:22 PM

gimme some reads that tell me you arent dead on the flop.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:22 PM

fold preflop
Old 10-14-2005, 06:58 PM

i'll respond to baronzeus's because i can read it as i type

preflop is fine. not calling here is bad imo unless utg is pretty tight. good odds, position to c/r the field, etc etc.

i wrote a paragraph about the flop but then realized, that it wasn't making any sense. your flop play here is based about 80% on the type of player that utg is. if he's a 40/10 ish kind of player i dont think you should bet out here. he's only raising with hands that have you dominated (maybe QQ and JJ as well) and you're inviting a lot of callers. if he's a tagish player, or a pretty laggish 30/20, then betting out is good and hoping he raises because you have a chance against the hands he's raising you on teh flop with. but if he isn't, then you're inviting him to call with AQ- AT and everyone in the middle to call, so a flop c/r would be better.

stealthcow-
Old 10-14-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gimme some reads that tell me you arent dead on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2005, 09:35 PM

All were unknown, but dont you think the pfr would raise alot of hands to protect them here ? , also dont you think that the CO who is left with 3 SB when the flop comes would shove them in with anything reasonable ?
Old 10-14-2005, 09:46 PM

I just realized CO went All in. At first I was like wtf are u doing Trix. Still, whats your read on UTG?
Old 10-15-2005, 01:24 AM

I like it. I can't imagine folding suited broadways preflop here with all the callers and with the PFR to your right. I like the flop too, since CO is all-in. Even if he has you beat, you could easily be ahead of UTG and you can probably get away if he raises you on the turn in this protected pot.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All were unknown, but dont you think the pfr would raise alot of hands to protect them here ? , also dont you think that the CO who is left with 3 SB when the flop comes would shove them in with anything reasonable ?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:39 AM

id play it the same.
(you are fvcked)