Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-12-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Pre-Flop

I've recently changed how I play AK. I'm going to limp here with the following reactions planned.
If no one else raises, see the flop.
If MP,MP+1 or CO go all in, I will call.
Call any other raise that is not all in ie. a 3 or 4 BB bet.

About 10% of the time I will min raise this. It's too easy to trap the typical aggro here to commit much to the PF bet.
Yes it's more conservative than most here like to play but thats OK with me.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:07 PM

A lot of replies from a post that doesnt seem THAT debatable. Im making the standard raise to 300 here. Dont like limping, I want to narrow the field down ... and I have a LAG image, so this is best to my personal advantage. Limping creates more problems then it solves IMO.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:59 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Our position is terrible, but our hand is quite strong. Even if we face a re-raise, we are usually up against an Ace we dominate, or a pocket pair that we aren't too far behind against.

I might limp if any of the players have been overly aggressive, looking to limp-push. But since we have no reads, I'm raising to between 300-400 chips (possibly 400 chips to compensate for our terrible position)

If we face a re-raise or a push from another player after we've raised to 400, then we have a decision to make.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:19 PM

So, we have no reads on our opponent.

I think this thread is funny. Everyone is very 'deep thinking' trying to make a a real fancy move until Strassa replies that this thread sucks and should be skipped. Then everyone replies, 'yeah, this looks like a no brainer, I raise to 300'.

I'm not going to tell you what party I was in before I read that post.

I like a raise to 400, to thin the field more than build a pot. It will also help you define caller's hands a little more. If you get pushed, you have more chips in though, so you can call easier.

I just don't know if I can call a push, but I think I would.

If I get reraised (but not pushed), I'd call with the intention of pushing most flops assuming I had an ounce of FE. (except AAA, AAK, AKK, KKK, QJT, etc)
Old 12-07-2005, 08:32 PM

I'm raising here to 300 just to keep the limpers out. If reraised by the short stacks it's time to move in. If an equal stack reraises 600-1000 I'm calling depending on my read of the player. If one of those stacks moves in I can get away from this hand knowing that a better spot will come later.