Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 PM

Default 15/30, flopped straight, call or raise ?

Table was great so I decided to stick around though I havenīt played much full since about a year back when I was playing 3/6.

Back then slowplaying was kinda pointless and this flop seem cordinated enough that people easily could have something that would give me action if I fastplay, heck I may even get 3bet behind by Tx.

Call or raise the flop ?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: 15/30, flopped straight, call or raise ?

Raise. Rinse. Repeat. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, a flop like this connects with too many hands to even think about slowplaying. If someone with a T is gonna end up chopping with you, make 'em pay for the priviledge.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 PM

Shrug, guess much havenīt changed..

Was just wondering if they fold too many hands that they may call for one that are drawing nearly dead and someone said he would probably flatcall..
Old 10-07-2005, 09:29 PM

Well, part of the reason I wanted to raise so much was that I thought it was 6max...I see now that it was just a converter error (?). On a full table I might lean a little more towards a slowplay, but I think I still prefer an immediate raise.

Think of it this way....there are still a bunch of cards which can come on the turn &amp; either kill your action or scare you into not putting many raises into the pot...i.e., a T, Q, the board pairing, etc.

Plus the only other players in the mix are the blinds, who are pretty likely to fold anyway.