Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 02:12 PM

Default 100/200. BLIND ON BLIND W/ ACENINE.

opponent in this hand is a regular in the higher limit party games... weve played NLH and PLO together as well, however i have a new handle which he has only played LHE against... hes solid.
one other blind battle this session two rounds prior.. i raised and he folded to my flop bet.

Party Poker 100/200 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

im not sure that i misplayed this hand, but i felt kinda gross about it on every street...
what do you guys think?
Old 10-02-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: 100/200. BLIND ON BLIND W/ ACENINE.

the Jack on the turn is a horrible card for you. Now all you beat is AK or a small pair.

I think the critical decision here is calling the turn raise which I think is worse than the other 2 options.

If you think there is a decent chance you are ahead, id check call turn and river. If you feel bet, i'd likely bet-fold turn.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:19 PM

I don't really see any reason to call the turn if you are going to fold the river. I'd check call turn and river, or bet/fold turn
Old 10-02-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see any reason to call the turn if you are going to fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you dont see it, that doesnt mean its not there.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:25 PM

I don't like checkraising the flop OOP here with this coordinated board against a good player. I think check-call, lead brick is better line. Or even...check-call, check-call, check-call (or poss bet-call, bet-fold, depending on the card). You give the guy too many ways to outplay you as played as well as make the most with the better hand. Just my initial reaction.

Jeff
Old 10-02-2005, 02:29 PM

I'm not saying its wrong, just wondering what you want to accomplish. Do you think he will check behind and give you a free showdown or maybe hes full of BS? I dont play anywhere near these limits so i'm not too sure.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:35 PM

Just wondering as to why you called his turn raise? Image play?
Old 10-02-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a chance villain has KJ/AJ/JT? which he has 2-5 outs against, plus the 4 Q's may bring a split...so he has say 4.5 outs on average. That would technically require 9.2:1, but at this limit against this player we should consider the possibility we're being bluffed, and anyways we don't want to give the impression we fold to turn raises.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i thought there was a decent chance that MHWG.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like checkraising the flop OOP here with this coordinated board against a good player. I think check-call, lead brick is better line. Or even...check-call, check-call, check-call (or poss bet-call, bet-fold, depending on the card). You give the guy too many ways to outplay you as played as well as make the most with the better hand. Just my initial reaction.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]yeah thats a good initial reaction... i ch3ecked the flop planning to call and prob lead almost any turn, but then i raised.
calling is prob better here.