Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 09-25-2005, 04:19 PM

Default For Sale: Old thickness Desert Sands chips

Nevada jack apparently just changed the thickness of their ceramic chips, the new ones are thicker. Enough of a difference that stacks don't match correctly. I kinda got screwed because my set got shipped in the interim period so I have some thin, some thick. This is a good opportunity for someone with "old" thickness desert sands chips to flesh out thier set and I'll actually get the set I wanted in the first place.

20 $1000
40 $500
220 $100
20 $5

300 total chips of the "old" thickness. Sold as a lot only. PM offers for chips only in the cardboard boxes or as a 300 set with the case/cards/dice. Reasonable offers only, I don't want to lose too much money for being what amounts to a beta tester [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] These have been played with three nights total.

here's where I got my "thickness" judgement:

External Link

This thread is worthless without pics:

Old 09-25-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: For Sale: Old thickness Desert Sands chips

How much are you selling the set for?
Old 09-25-2005, 06:00 PM

1st $150 + ship takes it for chips only. Don't forget, there's a thickness issue with the "new" ones.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:58 PM

Could only offer 100, if noone takes advantage of the offer and you want to go with 100 I'll take em.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:06 PM

Why don't you just send it back? I'd be pissed if they didn't send me a quality set.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:12 PM

I got them from an affiliate. The $25's I got were in the first set, the second set was the $5's. Kinda sucks one stack of "old" chips came with it. Kim at NJ.net has said she won't replace them. I think I pissed her off.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. If I can't sell them I'll probably push a little harder.

RE the $100 offer: Noted. I'll definitely consider it.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got them from an affiliate. The $25's I got were in the first set, the second set was the $5's. Kinda sucks one stack of "old" chips came with it. Kim at NJ.net has said she won't replace them. I think I pissed her off.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. If I can't sell them I'll probably push a little harder.

RE the $100 offer: Noted. I'll definitely consider it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How resent was this and did you use a credit card/check card? Sounds like you should contact your credit card company and get them to reverse the charge. They have rights for the consumer that must be included with each credit card. Sounds like you tried to resolve it with the merchant, but they didn't care that they messed up and don't want to help.

So contact your CC company and tell them the story. Tell them you wanted it replaced, but now you just want your money back because she was uncooperative. Then just ask them what you should do next.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:32 PM

When did you buy the old set? Have you called Nevada Jacks? I know you got them from an affiliate, but a call to NJ couldn’t hurt.

I know the guy personally, I could ask if it’s an intentional change or if it’s just a spot issue if you like. I play cards with him on Thursdays
Old 09-25-2005, 09:48 PM

Yeah sure, ask him about it if you'd like, that'd be really cool of you. AFAIK, it's a permanent change, the guy organizing the "American Beauties" group buy was informed of it. I think I pissed off the support person and they appeared willing to exchange my original 220 "bad" chips but then reversed the decision when the amount of "bad" ones was nearly 500. Little did I know that the bulk of them are correct according to the new spec. although that would have been nice to know. I'm going to email her again on monday if no one wants this "old" thickness and see if the'll help me out. (Maybe just a discount or something).

No big deal, things change spec. Caveat emptor. I've already had an offer of $100 for them so that'd only be a 1 bill bath to get back to even.

RE the credit card refund issue: I got these through an affiliate. He started backpedaling as soon as I notified him about it.

In case anyone cares, here's a pic of the difference... this greeted me when I opened my second box of reds:

The stack on the right matches what are apparently the old thickness (my black, purple and yellow), the other four match my greens.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In case anyone cares, here's a pic of the difference... this greeted me when I opened my second box of reds:

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]