Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 03:28 PM

Default too agg w/turn set on pretty board?

A friend reviewed this hand and suggested calling a turn lead. My turn aggro in general I think might be a little too high (~3) but I can't see not raising this hand (and calling down a 3-bet).

IMO $1/2 6m is top-heavy with morons and thieves and my default position has become that somebody needs to prove they're not either before I start passing on bets and raises. And that may be a leak leading me to blast away regardless which is why I'm posting.

The hand is from awhile ago so don't have/recall any reads. FWIW I checked his numbers in pt before posting this and he was 85/37 over 20 hands (and although it could've been a little rush, my friend did not have this guy's numbers).

But TTYTT I probably would've played this the same if he was 30/15 since overplaying weak pairs, gutshots and 1-card flush draws seems pretty common, especially with "scary" boards.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 09-11-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: too agg w/turn set on pretty board?

i could see him capping the flop with KdTs or somthing.
i can see value in the turn raise if he is drawing to a flush, and even is he isnt.
i dont think you see a made flush here that often, however if you get 3bet...you still have outs!