Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 07:30 PM

Default What\'s your turn play?

Hello All,

$100 Party MTT

I don't always bet the flop, but here I did.

What is your turn play?

As always, please give a rationale for your move and what you put the BB on.

Just saying "I push" etc.without stating your reasons is of no value.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t1055)
UTG+1 (t1045)
UTG+2 (t985)
MP1 (t975)
MP2 (t955)
MP3 (t830)
Hero (t1030)
Button (t1230)
SB (t985)
BB (t910)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t60, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls t60.

Flop: (t250) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, BB calls t200, MP2 folds.

Turn: (t650) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks,

Hero ???.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 09-01-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Early bump

meh
Old 09-01-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: What\'s your turn play?

Hero bets T300 (1/2 of villains remaining chips).

If hero is behind he will lose all his chips so don't worry about it. Hero cannot fold TPTK this early.

If hero is ahead then villain has ~9 outs with a hand like 9T and needs 6:1 to call, but is only getting 4:1 implied odds.

If villain has 2 hearts that's just bad luck that he has so many outs.

If this were a smaller entry fee I would suggest a push this early because you are likely to get called by any drawing hand.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:15 PM

hmm, so BB has about 635 chips left I think.. I'm gonna try and get all his chips in play on the turn and on the river.. Check/Call and then Check on the turn is looking like he's on some type of draw.. a bet of 300-350 seems about right to deny him odds yet also entice him to chase
Old 09-01-2005, 08:42 PM

I usually check behind on the turn and then call the river or value bet if checked to. Coordinated boards are tough because you can go broke so easily with just TPTk and you have a really hard time extracting value from hands weaker than yours because of how scarry the board is. So by checking behind and value betting/calling the river I'm hoping to get some value from hands that I'm ahead of without going broke to those I'm behind.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually check behind on the turn and then call the river or value bet if checked to. Coordinated boards are tough because you can go broke so easily with just TPTk and you have a really hard time extracting value from hands weaker than yours because of how scarry the board is. So by checking behind and value betting/calling the river I'm hoping to get some value from hands that I'm ahead of without going broke to those I'm behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

All betting does is fold hand you are ahead of.

He called the flop with something, and its probably not 2 hearts.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 09-01-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

But wouldn't you not mind taking the pot down right now and not giving your opponent a free card on the river to beat you if he had something like 10J?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

But wouldn't you not mind taking the pot down right now and not giving your opponent a free card on the river to beat you if he had something like 10J?

[/ QUOTE ]

What would he make with JT on the river a 6 card super straight. The hearts is what you have to worry about, I would fire another T200 on flop because I fear the draws that are out there, you are calling a push from him but otherwise he will likely stay for T200 more with a lot of worse hands here and try to catch up.
~Justin
Old 09-01-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TJ already beats hero.

I actually don't see what hand he could have that isn't already beating you or has less than 5 outs against you. Checking behind and calling a river bet isn't bad here. You could also bet 200 again and hope he sees it as a bluff and call a check-raise.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TJ already beats hero.

I actually don't see what hand he could have that isn't already beating you or has less than 5 outs against you. Checking behind and calling a river bet isn't bad here. You could also bet 200 again and hope he sees it as a bluff and call a check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, misread the board.