Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Eagles at 6-1....

thanks craig, glad you found one thing to like about me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
echoechoecho

better odds to be had, shop around

homer speaking, i'd bet it

to the uninformed - the NFC East did not get better... nyg has no qb, dallas has no qb, and washington well... they have no qb either - and thats just one position, none of those teams have anyone to throw the ball to either - dallas defense should be a little better, thats the only half-significant improvement i see in the division this year - but how will they score points? (they are not the ravens)

(i did bet it at 7-1 two weeks ago)

[/ QUOTE ]

Some WRs that wear green would say that the Eagles don't have a QB.

PS, my good friend -- the Giants' starter is not Tim Hasselbeck.

Good luck in your quest for a wild card.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
echoechoecho

better odds to be had, shop around

homer speaking, i'd bet it

to the uninformed - the NFC East did not get better... nyg has no qb, dallas has no qb, and washington well... they have no qb either - and thats just one position, none of those teams have anyone to throw the ball to either - dallas defense should be a little better, thats the only half-significant improvement i see in the division this year - but how will they score points? (they are not the ravens)

(i did bet it at 7-1 two weeks ago)

[/ QUOTE ]

Some WRs that wear green would say that the Eagles don't have a QB.

PS, my good friend -- the Giants' starter is not Tim Hasselbeck.

Good luck in your quest for a wild card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quest for a wild-card? Yikes... there HAS to be a wager that can be born out of this. I'd love to if you're up for it, as much money as you can afford.

All above statements made are true until proven otherwise (the 'no QB' on each NFC East team besides the Eagles, how can you even debate that point... i mean, debate it just to have something to argue about sure, but as an educated fan of the game..?)
Old 08-30-2005, 05:19 PM

With TO the Eagles are a dominant team.

Without him they are still the best team in the East. They just become a bit more vunerable without him because they win mainly close games. He is there, he is playing.

In my mind the only way the Eagles are not in the Super Bowl is this scenario:

Week 9 @ Denver (or maybe Week 4 @ KC) Philly takes a trip out west and has some problems. McNabb is a little off, the defense gives up some huge rushing yards. They lose the game. After the game TO starts whining about how the QB is hitting him in the feet blah blah. Reid suspends him for 2 games.

During his two game suspention TO is part of the Fox pre-game show where he proceeds to rip the whole organization. He than takes the Keyshawn Treatment.

This seems a bit far fetched, but then again who thought we would see him doing sit-ups on his front lawn. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

In other words I think this is a good bet. If you shop the lines it will be even better.