Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: WELCOME TO NIT TIGHT: 2nd Installment 600NL

I haven't read any of the posts yet, but when a villian has that type of pfr % and postflop AF, and the minraise on the flop I SLOW DOWN. I probably check fold on the turn when the ace hits.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:45 AM

Too much money went in on the turn to make the fold a safe routine move.

I don't use PT so I'm not sure what an aggression of 1.3 means. If that means villain is a superpassive rock who never bets, that might convince me otherwise, but not much else will.

From his play in this hand, looks like villain is a superdonkeytard, and any minraise from him in the future should be instafolded to.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Too much money went in on the turn to make the fold a safe routine move.

I don't use PT so I'm not sure what an aggression of 1.3 means. If that means villain is a superpassive rock who never bets, that might convince me otherwise, but not much else will.

From his play in this hand, looks like villain is a superdonkeytard, and any minraise from him in the future should be instafolded to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how weak it "looks" to fold on this river. But come on, what possible hand can we beat. There isn't one. You can't say the villian is a maniac, or super aggressive, the stats show he isn't. His cards can only be quads or a better full. There is nothing "routine" about this fold, hand like this almost never happen. Sometimes you get somewhat lucky in knowing that you are 100% sure you are beaten, in this case the pot odds don't matter. If this isn't one of those times, I don't know what is.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no such thing as too big to fold. Either the chance he has the best hand is better than 3.5-1 or it isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be pretty obvious that is what I meant. In layman's terms it is too big to fold.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have re-re raised the flop and not let it have gotten that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree... you played the 66 hoping to hit a set which you did. push here and take it down or get called by AK if he really is a NIT. although you would have lost this particular hand if he called, ill take that bad beat anyday... 97% or something like that.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:22 AM

earlier he limped on the button first in and then cold called a raise from me in the blinds with AKs

was kicking myself after the hand, i can check call the turn and fold the river at the very least