Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Too aggressive?

So I took a break from multitabling hold'em today, and at the divine request of beermoney, took a seat with him and Roland in this stud game. Villan in this hand is beermoney and I would like feedback as to whether I misplayed any streets against him here or not. Does anyone slow down on fifth here? Sixth? What do you think of beers play in this hand? I suppose he reasoned that I was on a semi-bluff and was trying to charge me the max. Comments appreciated.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.20 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

5th Street - (5.60 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

6th Street - (13.60 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises

River - (21.60 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises (all-in)
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises___calls

Total pot: (27.00 BB)
Old 06-30-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Too aggressive?

I don't like the cap on 4th unless you complete 3rd. Beer is a smart player - you arent fooling him. Other than that I love it, you absolutely must have the best hand on 5th and 6th so keep pushing.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:19 PM

I think the odds of completing this flush are about 60%, considering spades are totally live, and the number of cards seen. So I don't see the cap on fourth as trying to fool our friendly villain. It just seems like a good value bet. Why not drive as much money into the pot as possible, given the equity?

Otherwise, I see no reason to curb the aggressiveness, given that you have to be ahead on fith and sixth. So I don't think this was played too aggressively.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:30 PM

The only thing I might change is the cap on 4th... he's playing like he has a set of J's, rolled T's, or A-A-10-J, in which case you're a little or a bit behind. Once you make the flush, ram and jam all the way until he pairs his board, at which point you call it down.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:10 PM

Mike, I know you shuffled your cards so the king of clubs wasn't one of your starting cards to make it look like you started with a 3 flush and were ahead the whole way.

I had a pair of 7's in the hole I think.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:20 PM

HOLY CRAP I M DRUNK.

WHY WOULD YOU SLOW DOWN WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR AHEAD. BET (I WISH i CHOULD MAKE THE FONT BIGGER) THEN i'D SAY BET AGAINT AND AGAIN BUET EACH TIME IT WOULD BE IN A BIGGER POINT SIZE
Old 07-01-2005, 01:30 AM

Leave drinking and posting to the pros.

I like how Mike played this hand, although I'd raise coming in on third street. I really don't like how Adam played this hand. Mike has said that he likes his hand and he has four spades showing on sixth. I'm not saying Adam should fold (although I would ditch one pair), but capping is insane.

Did you mention you were running bad recently, Adam?
Old 07-01-2005, 03:01 AM

I'm afraid I have a confession to make here. While beermoney will try some wild stuff once in awhile, he wasnt the villan in this hand I played. Him and Roland were at the table, but the villan was a total maniac who would cap the entire way with anything. Turns out he had a powerfull holding in a lone pair of queens on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I must say though, it does make me laugh in the fact that everyone thought Adam really did play this hand against me. I suppose everyone here truly has him pegged as a maniac. Man, they all totally thought this type of play was the norm for you Beer. I guess its all those nuts hands you've posted that lead to people buying it without question. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mike Emery
Old 07-01-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leave drinking and posting to the pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funniest thing i've read on 2+2 in ages!!

[ QUOTE ]

I really don't like how Adam played this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez Andy, have more faith in me...

[ QUOTE ]

Did you mention you were running bad recently, Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]

Things are turning around buddy.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but the villan was a total maniac who would cap the entire way with anything. Turns out he had a powerfull holding in a lone pair of queens on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We did give him plenty of action on that obvious flush he had.. I wish i hit my two outer.