Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 09:10 PM

Default ATo UTG now what?

So I raised UTG with ATo. Only kidding it was of course ATs but flopped none of my suit so same thing.

UTG+1 cold calls everyone else folds. UTG+1 is unknown.

Flop is K74 (2 suited)

Whats the plan?

I bet he calls. Now what?
or I bet he raises. Now what?
or ...

Thanks

chez
Old 06-09-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: ATo UTG now what?

See the turn on both is what you do
Old 06-09-2005, 09:14 PM

What limit, what kind of a read do you have. Usually I woluld bet the turn again if he just calls the flop, and check fold the turn if he riases the flop and I dont improve. If he calls the flop and turn you should probably check fold the river most of the time.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What limit, what kind of a read do you have. Usually I woluld bet the turn again if he just calls the flop, and check fold the turn if he riases the flop and I dont improve. If he calls the flop and turn you should probably check fold the river most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party 10/20. No read his only been there one round and hasn't seen a flop yet.

Suppose UTG+1 was a decent player say 28/13 and capable of occasional trickyness. Change anything? [EDIT assuming no read on the cold call]
Old 06-10-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I raised UTG with ATo. Only kidding it was of course ATs but flopped none of my suit so same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why kid about this? Id be more interested in how you played and posters comments on ATo than ATS
Old 06-10-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why kid about this? Id be more interested in how you played and posters comments on ATo than ATS

[/ QUOTE ]

There had just been a long thread about playing ATo UTG and I usually fold it. Here ATo UTG if you're interested.

This is the sort of situation I try to avoid by not playing AT UTG. I hate all lines.

bet-call flop, check fold turn is too weak.

bet-call flop, bet-call turn, check fold river maybe correct? but horrible

bet-call flop, bet-call turn, check call river expensive but ? against unknown at 10/20

I don't find the turn bet works very often here and feel I pay too much and end up folding the best hand too often. Hoping some ATo UTG devotees can bolster my confidence on the correct line enough to make it worth playing

chez
Old 06-10-2005, 09:37 AM

I bet the turn if he just calls almost 100% of the time.

If he raises on the flop I've been starting to fold about half the time (and call the other half for image considerations).

Last week while golfing with Bicyclekick we had a talk about hands like this, and agreed we've both found we say to ourselves in these hands "why am I calling the raise with the intent of folding on the turn?" Basically, I am pretty sure we both don't think calling this flop raise is earning us money unless it's in meta-game considerations and not wanting people to think they can just push us over. The pot is small, you probably have like 4.5 outs on average, and you probably hold the best hand like 5-10% of the time (and like 40% of the time you hold the best hand they make a flush or pair by the river and beat you). I think there's some credence to just folding to the flop raise right away [but not always].
Old 06-10-2005, 09:53 AM

Thats interesting, I was thinking similar situations while playing golf yesterday. Primerily I was thinking about the times I get check raised from the blinds on a bland board.

Against most oppenents I am going to lean a bit to folding to the check raise raither than seeing the turn. In these cases you have to be concerned about reverse domination even when you do hit.