Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Trip Report -- My money finish at the Nugget

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I appreciate you calling me a liar

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't call you a liar. I suggested that perhaps you're too dismissive of other's play.

It's ridiculous to read a report about what donkeys people are and how you're talking with someone at the table about it, only to hear you say you don't have the bankroll for 1-2 NL. It only adds up when you've beaten the game, and the way we know you can do that is by your bankroll.

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime you want to play heads up, let me know. I'm on UB and Partypoker. I'll make you my donkey! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Besides, you're the one being a jackass here!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anytime you want to play heads up, let me know. I'm on UB and Partypoker. I'll make you my donkey! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Warewulf. You seem like a good guy. Don't ruin a nice trip report with this sort of foolishness.

Cheers,
--JTR.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:52 AM

Yeah, I hear ya. I've never been one to back down from trash talk though.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice report - congrats on the finish.

Mmmmmm Lawry's.... Dammit, now i'm hungry.

J5

[/ QUOTE ]

My only regret was I was too full to have dessert.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:54 AM

what kind of chips was the Nugget using for the tournament? are they the same ones used for the National Heads Up championship?

nice report. too bad four queens is so stingy with their chips. i just got a $1 Hilton chips and i must say that Bud Jones are by far the best quality chip i have ever seen.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:39 AM

Default Much too Dismissive of Others Play

"I then get pocket tens and bet most of my pathetic stack near the button after one limper and no other callers. A King comes on the flop, no other overs. Checked to me, I push. Limper calls, has AKo. I had not put him on AK because any moron would have raised preflop. Not that moron. Oh well. Lucky him."

Looks like he did exactly what he wanted. He trapped you into pushing in the rest of your stack when he had you beat. Actually, a pretty good play.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Much too Dismissive of Others Play

I could be wrong, but I thought that was sarcasm.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:24 AM

Seems like everyione he ran into was either a drunk, an idiot, a terrible player, a terrible dealer, or a pissy floor person. He did think one person in the cage was ok for selling him some chips and picking through them though.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of chips was the Nugget using for the tournament? are they the same ones used for the National Heads Up championship?

nice report. too bad four queens is so stingy with their chips. i just got a $1 Hilton chips and i must say that Bud Jones are by far the best quality chip i have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually swiped one!

Not like the one from the heads up. They use hot stamped Paulsons like most of the tourneys I've seen. I took a 25 chip because they were about to do a race off for them and I had 3, so I took one and still won the race off. I did hear the floor person count them and said "there's one missing". Didn't seem to be a big deal.

I was disappointed that Four Queens didn't want to sell their chips, but it didn't surprise me seeing how few of them each dealer had. I wanted to get 100 of them, but would have taken me too long.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I then get pocket tens and bet most of my pathetic stack near the button after one limper and no other callers. A King comes on the flop, no other overs. Checked to me, I push. Limper calls, has AKo. I had not put him on AK because any moron would have raised preflop. Not that moron. Oh well. Lucky him."

Looks like he did exactly what he wanted. He trapped you into pushing in the rest of your stack when he had you beat. Actually, a pretty good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not raising preflop with AK is just a bad play. I doubt he was thinking about trapping pre-flop. With AK you want to get rid of as many people as you can.