Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: LA Game busted!

If you are really really curious about the bust you can do a Freedom of Information Act request to get the police report of the busted game. Hopefully that will say something about suspected drugs....or something else that explains busting a small stakes game like that.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:12 AM

As I understand it the FOIA applies to federal bodies such as the military, not local authorities. I'll think I'll try to just call the local agency. Werewulf, can you be more specific as to the location so I can contact the appropiate precinct.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I understand it the FOIA applies to federal bodies such as the military, not local authorities. I'll think I'll try to just call the local agency. Werewulf, can you be more specific as to the location so I can contact the appropiate precinct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Angeles
Wilshire X Normandie
Old 05-07-2005, 05:18 AM

that sucks, I never play in or can find big home games, but I used to play at the donut shop cash games a couple months ago, a 50c/1 variation,in LA city, and the past few times i have gone by it wasnt going, maybe they got busted too
Old 05-07-2005, 08:08 AM

The fact that they have the time to bust lousy house games amusses me. Don't they have better things to do? Such as getting drugs off the streets, stopping robberies ,finding missing people or taking rapists off the streets?

All of those things harm people. Playing poker doesn't harm anyone.

A $20 buyin? I mean come on. The only busts the cops should be making is some big illegal gambling ring. Not a $20 buy in home game.

-HoldemPokerPlyr
Old 05-07-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was the game raked? What were the specifics of the arrangement?
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, there's sometimes smoking (420) at the game. I'm sure the police would have loved that as a bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is 420? Is that LA slang for weed?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:39 PM

What time is it?

4:20

Cool, tea time!

yeah, western for weed time... I heard that some police department used the radio code 4-20 for pot smoking in progress but that is just a rumor.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:52 PM

usual lurker here, but I'll chime in. This is something I know about. I was a police reporter for a newspaper for years. A police report involving arrests is a public record. If you have the dept/date/time/address, you can defintely request it. Call the dept. in question and ask for the records office. Or better yet, show up in person. Sometimes the dept. will black out personal details (like phone numbers, any names of minors, etc...)
Old 05-08-2005, 07:03 PM

My first thoughts were bullshit but I suppose it could be true. If this is true it's quite a fine example of your tax dollars at work and a solid case for there being way too many resources spent on stupid things.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:48 PM

This honestly sounds like Urban legend email. I suppose it could be true, but a $20 buy-in home game? 8 cops? tek9's? Sounds greatly exaggerated if its true though.

With the popularity of poker these days it is to be expected these kinds of emails will make their rounds.