Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 04:05 PM

Default NEVER use USPS

So I emailed back and forth with a guy on Ebay and close a deal for 75 $5, 5 $25 American Cruise chips. ($5 shown below) to go with my other 35 $25 chips.

A week goes by and I haven't received the chips. I email the guy and he sends me the USPS tracking number. I track them and they were delivered to my work over a week ago. Since USPS doesn't require a signature on 2nd Day Priority mail, looks like they were stolen. Since USPS only guarantees that it will be delivered, I have no recourse. I contacted the seller -- he doesn't have any more he will sell me. Looks like he just wants to take his chances on Ebay. I have more chips on the way (different seller and chips), and the sender wanted to send USPS and said she would get insurance. This is also no good because if it gets stolen after delivery to my business, I'd be screwed again.

moral: If you're shipping ANYTHING even slightly important, demand UPS or Fed Ex.

If anyone hears of anyone selling these (75 $5, 5 $25), please let me know!

It just makes me sick!
Old 03-01-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: NEVER use USPS

You can request signature confirmation with USPS.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:15 PM

call the cops, dude... mail theft is a felony. stick the bastards.

edit: oh yeah... wanna buy 25 $5 and 5 $25 chips likeyou show in that picture? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (just kidding)
Old 03-01-2005, 04:19 PM

how is it USPS's fault that you didnt require a signature confirmation and they got stolen?

you were cheap and got burned...and if you didnt insure them, well then youre just being stupid....i really do home you get your money back.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:23 PM

How does your company not know it got a package? I guess they don't keep records? (of course, why would they?)

Next time, have them sent to your house instead. And ask for delivery signoff
Old 03-01-2005, 04:48 PM

I've generally had better luck with USPS than UPS, but a year ago, I bought a bunch of PaulSons off eBay. The guy priority mailed me a box of chips in a priority mail envelope. The envelope ripped, the contents fell out, and I got a ripped empty envelope with a note from the post office attached saying "Dude. This envelope is empty."

I filed the lost mail report with them. It's been a year. I'm not expecting anything.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:07 PM

I'm generally a big fan of the postal service, esp for close shipping. Then I go UPS. I hate FedEx, they've lost, screwed-up, and have otherwise been late with pretty much half of the packages I've both sent and received.

I think in this case you should be more concerned with which co-worker has some new chips =)

And like the other posts say, you can have them ask for a signature, its like an extra buck or something.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:57 PM

I'll have to specify that a signature MUST be required which is what I did with some other chips that are on their way. I did not discuss the shipping method with the seller, wont make that mistake again.

I have had other things disappear with USPS, doesn't seem as reliable as UPS. I have also had things arrive from USPS opened and/or damaged. Trying to get anything done about it is always like pulling teeth. I especially like the tracking with UPS, always tells you where it is and what day delivery is scheduled.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:29 PM

I will agree USPS has lost me two items on two separate occasions. They'll happily quote you that their job is only to deliver packages, not to make sure you get them. Most of the time they like to leave packages outside my apartment stoop rather than to take the 3 seconds required to open the door and slide the package into the hall.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:49 AM

I agree that it's not the USPS's fault that you had stuff shippped to your business. That's what your home is for. Even if you have a PO box...it's the Post Office, they will hold if for you.

I have shipped items *internationally* (all over, even to Asia) for thousands and thousands of dollars using the USPS and never had a problem. Insure it, track it, and get a signature.

sv