Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 03:26 PM

Default What is the best strategy on min-raises on the bubble when your SB/BB?

I play mostly 10 or 20's SNG's and occassionally dabble in the 30's.

The one area that has been causing problems for me lately is deciding on what is the best practice when I'm in the SB or BB with a marginal hand let's say 100/200 blinds and i'm holding Q9 suited in the BB. Let's say someone from middle position, button or SB limps or min-raises to 400?

Seems lately that every limped or min-raised hand is a monster in sheeps clothing. I'm really aggressive around the bubble, it's likely opponnents may be using this against me.

Is the best play to check to a limp or call the min-raise, push (if re-raising committs your stack) or re-raise with a bigger stack, or fold to min-raises with marginal hands such as Q9 suited to avoid trouble.

What are the thoughts on all three options? If you check or call do you bet out and fold if played back at unless you have 2 pair or better or a major draw?

Maybe just avoiding these all together unless I have a really strong read or chip stack advantage is ideal? With marginal hands on the bubble when you hit the flop you really have so little wiggle room to ever before someone is going all-in...

Thanks