Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Omaha heartbreaker (Part 2)

The reason to play nut-nut hands is precisely what you stated; because they are showing down such bad hole cards. When your opponents are playing that badly, you pretty much have to stick to locks, because you will be shows the nuts with those raggedy hands more often than not. Why chase 2nd or 3rd best? Omaha 8 hands run so close in value that you don't have much of an advantage with a slightly better hand which won't make a nut hand.

I used to play a lot at the Trop, some at Taj and Borgata was just opening when we moved to Arizona, so I only got to play there one weekend. I love AC and the east coast, but the doctor booted me out to Arizona. In the summer, during the big tourneys, I'll likely come back out for a month, since they are still offering Stud events in their big festivals. All assuming my health is good at those times. Winter is out of the question, unfortunately.

I dearly love east coast poker and the people who play in AC and FW. That is where I would play if I could, but I don't have a choice anymore, so I'm trying my best to adjust (we've been out here 18 months and I'm still not so happy with the poker scene here).

When the NEPC comes around this year at FW, I'll let you know if we'll be there (assuming you are going to FW, too).

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]