Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 05-27-2004, 08:04 AM

Default Official Greg Raymer Strategy Post (going into Day 6 as Big Stack)

2 Questions about Greg's play going into Day 6:

What should his strategy be (based on his status in the tournament as the chip leader at a seemingly dangerous table - lots of big stacks)?

What should his strategy be (based on my impression that any of the top 10 spots will pay amounts that would be "life altering" as opposed to ending up 25th or 30th)?

BONUS: For those who know Greg, what will his strategy be from here on out (For instance, when David Singer got interviewed before the final table last year he said something to the effect of "To me its all about the money". Is this Greg's take on things, or is he more about the bracelet? Will he play it "safe" and try to just survive until the final table and make a good payday, or will he risk the sure money to put himself in position to win it? (ONLY THOSE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW GREG SHOULD ANSWER THIS ONE).

I don't even know the guy and I'm nervous for him.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Official Greg Raymer Strategy Post (going into Day 6 as Big Stack)

Based on every post that I've read of Greg's and his previous tournament results I can assure you he isn't going to start playing scared poker just because he's the big stack in this tournament.

He'll continue to do what has gotten him this far, play aggressive, intelligent poker. Although he should and will take advantage of his large stack, anything can happen (see Jeff Shulman v. Jesus) and one hand can cripple anyone. I think Greg has as good a chance as anyone of avoiding situations which could threaten him while maximizing opportunities.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:03 AM

Default Get the heck off that BIG stack table!

1. Play conservative until you get off that table full of big stacks or more small stacks get moved in. Slowly accumulate chips.

2. GOAL: Get to the final table. Then play your heart out!

3. Made it to the final table....... then get to top 3 and pray for cards.

GL