Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 03:34 PM

Default 2/5 NL live hand, I have every out known to man

Live 2/5 NL game, both villain and I have approximately 700. EP has approximately 200ish and sat down short.

2 limpers and I limp 4/6 clubs in MP. Villian raises to 20 on the CO. 1 other caller and I call.

Flop ~ 65: 4/5/7, 5 and 7 of clubs. So I have flopped an OESFD and bottom pair. EP cks, I ck, villian bets 45, EP calls and I raise to 200 straight.

What do you guys think? My read on EP is that he is as weak tight as they come. Villain is hyper aggressive, capable of 3 barrel bluffs and such.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL live hand, I have every out known to man

While villain might have better than a pair of 4's, it is extremely likely you are ahead here. You want to get as much money as possible in right now. If you think villain is agressive enough, I'd bet 50 or so on the flop and hope to get raised so you can bet huge. If not, I like your plan. A super pimp move here would be to go all in in the dark if he just calls your raise. This avoids the sticky situation of seeing a blank on the turn and pooping your pants trying to figure out what to do.

If he reraises your 200 raise (even if he pushes), it's obvious what to do.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL live hand, I have every out known to man

Seems like a good play, u are 62% / 38% vs the worst possible hand for you (outside of a flopped set) wich an overpair containg a club.