Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Iran President Elected?

We thought they were reasonable and could be helped.

It's now clear they are all a bunch of psycopaths and we should just let them chop eachothers heads off all day. There is no hope for them.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These people in the middle east are [censored] crazy. They are hopeless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know quite many Iranians and a few other arabs (insulting some Iranians with putting them together [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and the dislike/hate for Israel (and often reflecting on the US) is deep and people who seem totally normal and liberal on other issues can lose their temper when these issues are discussed. He puts fuel on this fire and he does it a very deviously way because he knows that in a conflict with Israel even most opposers to the regime would support him. Not clear to me what is goal is, but it may be to increase anti-US sentiment in the region to lower the chance of a US attack on Iran.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:51 PM

>>Not clear to me what is goal is, but it may be to increase anti-US sentiment in the region to lower the chance of a US attack on Iran. <<

Clearly, he is trying to bolster support in the region by appealing to epidemic levels of anti-american and anti-israeli bigotry and hatred.

This won't stop Iran from being attacked though. However, there's a good chance that it will be Israel that does the attacking.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He was also considered the "moderate" in the election.

Everything's relative.

[/ QUOTE ] this is completely wrong. the other guy, i forget his name, something like Rafjani, was the moderate. everyone knew ahmenijad was a nut case. also, i believe the ayyatollah controls canidacy to some degree. outside of that, the elections are reletivley ligit compared to others in the region. however, when faced with reasonble leader, like former president khatami, the unnelected religious leaders step in, and render the president powerless.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, there's a good chance that it will be Israel that does the attacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he legitimizes it even.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not clear to me what is goal is, but it may be to increase anti-US sentiment in the region to lower the chance of a US attack on Iran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, taunt the biggest and meanest dog in the yard as way to get him and his buds not to bite you. Oh the deep wisdom and cunning of those Iranians!