Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-15-2005, 05:46 PM

Default AK turn decision

SB in this hand is a solid tag who could very well be 2p2
BB in this hand is a loose donkey
The CO here is 21/7/1.5 or so

Hero is in MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PREFLOP:
Folds to Hero, Hero raises, CO calls, folds to SB, SB calls, BB calls.

FLOP: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 SB)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB raises, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

TURN: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 BB)
SB bets, Hero....?
Old 12-15-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: AK turn decision

I think this is a call, you have about 7 outs discounting your overs in half. CO doesn't have a pair otherwise he would have raised before the turn. He could have AQ so you do risk having to put in 2 bets if CO repops it, but juding by his aggression he's unlikely to put in 2 bets on the turn even if he does hit his queen. I call and hope CO doesn't raise.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:42 PM

I put the SB on a hand like ATs, JTs, or T9s. I think if SB had a 6, he would wait for the turn to show stregnth. If it was just you and the SB maybe you could raise here, representing a Q, and still you have as many as 10 outs if he's not holding ATs (3 As, 3 Ks and 4 Js) and 7 outs if he is, with the possibility of a free showdown if you miss.

The CO is the unknown quantity. He may have something like AJs, in which case he should fold to two bets. But if he flopped tens full you're drawing dead, if he has AQs, KQs he'll probably reraise you as well. He could also be holding something like KJs, in which case he'll call two bets cold.

So I think I just call, and hope to see a river card for one BB with the plan to call down or bet out if an A or K hits and raise if my J hits.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB in this hand is a solid tag who could very well be 2p2
BB in this hand is a loose donkey
The CO here is 21/7/1.5 or so

Hero is in MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PREFLOP:
Folds to Hero, Hero raises, CO calls, folds to SB, SB calls, BB calls.

FLOP: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 SB)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB raises, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

TURN: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 BB)
SB bets, Hero....?

[/ QUOTE ]

What limit is this? Lets assume 2/4

Reads on post flop play and aggression on the two?

Lets first try to put CO and SB in a range of hands. Both of them seem to be reasonable players. With you open raising in the hijack, a lot of thinking/good players may 3 bet if they think you're on a steal w/ like 99 or 88.

CO's cold call, assuming hes reasonably good can mean: KQs, AJs, AQs. Its unlikely to be a pair TT or higher as you would be 3 bet. He could be cold calling with a mid pocket pair.

SB's cold call range is probably similar but he wouldn't be 3 betting mid pocket pairs, so 22-88 (maybe 99) is fair game, plus the big suiteds AJs, AQs and KQs

SB's check raise on the flop with a paired board smells like a small-mid PP. 66 is unlikely because of probabilities and also he will slowplay. TT also unlikely as one can easily 3 bet a hijack open-raise with. JJ+ unlikely for same reason.

CO's call could mean hes calling 2 overs with a backdoor flush draw.

SB continues with a bet on the turn you look like you have immediate odds to call but I'm concerned about a raise from CO. His hand range could easily have a Q which would have you reverse dominated AQ or KQ so your A and K outs need to be discounted. So I saw about 7 outs. Pot odds justify a call if you closed the action. In this case, you don't, I fold here. Unless your read suggests CO is not too aggressive on the turn so you don't end up putting in 2 bets.

This is a very close one and I wouldn't be surprised to see others advocating a call.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:55 PM

Sorry this is party 2/4 forgot to include that
Old 12-15-2005, 07:17 PM

We get C/R by a TAG who called 2 cold pf, and then
get led into as the pf raiser on the turn.

If your AKo is losing money in PT I know why...

-ZEN
Old 12-15-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-ZEN

[/ QUOTE ]
ok smartguy. are you saying fold on the flop? i think this is wrong and there is no reason not to put SB on just a T. what is your line!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:29 PM

What about 3 betting the flop?

LLL
Old 12-15-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-ZEN

[/ QUOTE ]

The SB here is someone who I noted is a solid tag who plays well and could very well be a 2p2er. What hand with a 6 in it do you think he's calling a raise with from the SB with only one cold caller and no limpers? TT is possible but I would think we'd see a 3-bet from TT here preflop. This screams mid PP or maybe a T.

This flop can't be a fold, and I actually raised the turn. The SBs flop raise looked like he was trying to protect. I know he is a solid player and will be able to get away from his presumably weak holding. The only person im concerned with is the Cold caller behind me, and even if he calls two cold on the turn I should have plenty of outs against a hand he's calling with unless its TT.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:48 PM

I fold the turn. You don't know where you are in the hand, but can be pretty sure you're drawing. If you actually have six outs here your 7:1 in a 8BB pot. Barely a +EV situation.