Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 09:49 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: What Was This Fellow 2+2er thinking??????

[ QUOTE ]
1.I am a cash game player, not a tournament player. There's a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do both. Cash games are a more stable and less volatile source of income. But tournaments can provide for large paydays and require a different skill set.

[ QUOTE ]
2.I'm not the loudmouth on here bragging about how great I am, how great my reads are, etc. I'm confident in my abilities to the point that I don't need to brag or exaggerate them to convince others how great I am. I know what I am and am not capable of.

[/ QUOTE ]

The following items YOU wrote contradict your current statement:

You know, you keep running your mouth about how your reads are so good and you've been playing so well lately, blah, blah, blah. I'm making the drive to Mass. and I'll sit down at you're little table. We'll see how good you are.

Following you around like a troll? Keep telling yourself whatever you need to to satisfy your ego. Funny you don't take me up on my offer to prove yourself at the table, though. Perhaps you're not really as good as you think you are.

And the amazing irony of:

What's the triple threat, B.O., bad breath, and gas?

You truly never fail to demonstrate what a child you are.

I prefer to take the high road. I follow a simple philosophy, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Here you are bragging about your skills at the table:

I see what you mean. It's my style, I play weak, but I'm really just trapping with the nuts, then BAM, I hit you. Other times, I just come out firing. Gotta mix up your style. Donkey-boy doesn't understand this. Hence he sucks at poker. I was gonna make a comment using a pun on the word "nuts" but, well, that would contradict what I said about the high road and the other BS I wrote about saying nice things.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:55 PM

"Does it A)show how much of an idiot Grandgnu is "
I don't give a rat's ass if what I write makes him look stupid. He doesn't need my help, he does a pretty good job himself. I mean, any buffoon can post idiotic pictures, doesn't really say much about their maturity or intelligence.
"shows you have nothing better to do than insult someones poker skill "
If only he had some skill to insult.
"always get in the last word"
I think you have me confused with donkey boy. In fact, I always give him the last word.
"Question two, how do you think everyone else reading this thread answers the above question? "
They'd probably answer that you're as much of an ass as he is.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do both. Cash games are a more stable and less volatile source of income. But tournaments can provide for large paydays and require a different skill set.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you do both badly.
[ QUOTE ]
The following items YOU wrote contradict your current statement:

[/ QUOTE ]
Still waiting to see a contradiction. I don't see any comparision to your constant bragging about how great you are. I merely threw down the gauntlet and you're not enough of a man to pick it up. You're scared, case closed.
"Here you are bragging about your skills at the table:"
No, that's describing a style in the interest of entertaining a fellow 2+2er. You've yet to produce something where I talk about how great I am, how great my reads are, how great I'm running, how I dominate, etc. In fact, you like to bring up you "major" tourney wins whenever you have a chance, yet, you know nothing about me. You don't know the stakes I play at, you don't know what tourneys I've been in and how I've done, because I try to be more humble than that. Sure, I could go on and on about the money I've won playing this game, but who does that benefit? Nobody. Nobody gives a damn about that crap. The only reason people do it is to boost their self-esteem. I don't need to do that, I'm comfortable with myself. You are not. You feel the need to repeat over and over your "success". I've never read a post from those on this site that have accomplished a great deal in which they constantly bring it up, over and over, like you do. Barry G, David Sklansky, Raymer have all won bracelets. How many posts do they mention that in? The 2+2ers that make a lot of money playing poker, how often do they mention how great they are and how great their play is in their posts? They don't.
Have I played in tourneys and won money, yes I have. I know for a fact that I've won a lot more money in tournaments than I've paid to play in them, but it doesn't matter. I see no reason to list them for everyone here to see, that doesn't help anyone here improve their game. Unlike you, donkey boy, I attempt to contribute to the community.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:58 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

You're not contributing anything but a bunch of double-speak where you twist everything I say around, puff your own chest up (but talk about how humble you are and how you won't post your imaginary wins) and go on about my maturity level when you are the one who started the whole flame war.

And I have no problem playing live against you, cash or tourney. You're the one who wants to face me, you threw down the gauntlet. So when are you coming over from the Motherland to visit me in the States and take me on?

You take yourself way too seriously, you're delusional and a compulsive liar, not to mention passive-aggressive, obsessive-compulsive and neurotic.

I won't hold my breath for your visits to the States.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:29 AM

HEE HAW boy, you have anything to back up your claims or you just wish to accuse me of something you can't prove?
Imaginary wins? You see, that's the difference between you and I, young man, you're too results-oriented. Poker is a game that has been going on long before you and I were ever born and will go on long after we're dead (the way you run your mouth, you'll probably be ear-punched to death long before I die). You see, so, it's not about one tournament win or one good session, those are just moments that make up a continuum. Life is a series of moments, once one has passed, the next one begins and it continues like that. Poker is the same way. Try not to get caught up in the past to the extent that you miss the present.
Take myself way too seriously, no, I really don't. Unlike you I readily admit my mistakes and shortcomings. I've never claimed to be a poker god (however, you, on the other hand, do have quite a high opinion of yourself as evidenced by your posts).
"...you're delusional and a compulsive liar, not to mention passive-aggressive, obsessive-compulsive and neurotic."
Please stop using words that you don't know what they mean, you just make yourself look foolish. I've not made any assumptions about your psychological character that I haven't observed from the things you have posted.
Good day, sir.
HEE HAW
Old 12-08-2005, 01:34 AM

You should write a book. You could call it "Learn to play poker like the schmoes". I'm sure it would sell, what with your whole Zen outlook on poker.

You've made posts alluding to know about my poker accomplishments (or in your mind, lack thereof)

Nice to see you're avoiding the challenge to play me in poker, I knew "yuse was yellar"

Old 12-08-2005, 01:48 AM

Pick a site, I'll deposit some cash, and we'll see what you're made of, since you feel the need to prove something.
And, since you're the type that feels the need to always have the last word, I yield to you donkey-boy.
HEE HAW.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pick a site, I'll deposit some cash, and we'll see what you're made of, since you feel the need to prove something.
And, since you're the type that feels the need to always have the last word, I yield to you donkey-boy.
HEE HAW.

[/ QUOTE ]

The site is my house in Massachusetts. I look forward to the Western Union

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/l=IVS/SIG=126eq1u83/EXP=1134110689/*-http%3A//mosnews.com/files/2537/westernunion_big.jpg[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 12:25 PM

I've already started making the posters for the event:

WHEN EAST MEETS WEST, ONLY ONE PLAYER WILL BE LEFT STANDING IN LINE FOR DOUGH

RUSSIANBEAR

VERSUS

GRANDGNU

Old 12-08-2005, 02:19 PM

Jeez, can't we just get back to the ear-boxing?