Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-07-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: 98s SB - 5/10 hand

Well, Hero in this hand was me, so I thought I'd chime in after seeing some of the responses. It really doesn't look like we have been able to come to a decent conclusion here, and everyone is advocating something different. My personal thoughts is I should have just check-folded the turn, but that is based solely on PT stats and me assuming he is passive because of that. In general, I don't think a player like that is raising anything worse than a K, or possibly a 9. The 7 pairing does make it more interesting, b/c unless he has A9, the K plays as the kicker. Obviously I didn't do that, as we see the river is the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - I went c/c.

I don't really like b/f because if he just calls, then what do we do on the river?

I'm still pretty torn here, anyone have something else to add?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Re: 98s SB - 5/10 hand

[ QUOTE ]

So what is the value of bet-folding? You have outs even versus a seven so getting raised is a real cost even if you are never bluffed off the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
The board is draw heavy and we have a decent hand HU. There is just to many hands that take a free card on this turn. If raised we are drawing to 2 outs and can savely let this go.
You are right that we are almost never ahead on the river if called.