Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: What Was This Fellow 2+2er thinking??????

You know, you keep running your mouth about how your reads are so good and you've been playing so well lately, blah, blah, blah. I'm making the drive to Mass. and I'll sit down at you're little table. We'll see how good you are.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:32 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
You know, you keep running your mouth about how your reads are so good and you've been playing so well lately, blah, blah, blah. I'm making the drive to Mass. and I'll sit down at you're little table. We'll see how good you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a car that doubles as a boat? What will those crazy Russians think of next. Also, I'm part Latvian or Lithuanian, I think I'm your twin brother Julias......
Old 12-04-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm part Latvian or Lithuanian, I think I'm your twin brother Julias......

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you're not very intelligent, I'll inform you that Latvians and Lithuanians are not Slavs, therefore, thank God, there's no possible way you could be related to me. Besides, my people originate from the southern part of Russia, far away from the Baltic countries. However, if you are of Baltic persuasion, that would clarify why you're not capable of anything that requires one to be intelligent.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:19 PM

" I used to be TAG, but have recently switched to LAG and play a lot more tricky and my reads have become quite strong post-flop.

We are now 5-handed and I raise in EP with K 9

Antes are 50 and blinds are 150/300. It's the 2+2ers big blind and he's short-stacked. Folded to him, and he pushes all-in for an additional 850 chips."

Given your play, he might think his hand is better against you than it was. You're the one playing looser than you used to, so I might take a shot at you with that hand.

"and he should've known that his hand would need to catch to beat me" How loosely have you been playing? Maybe he DIDN'T know that. You don't say how big your stack is, and you've been "running over the table" so you can't have Aces every time.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:58 PM

What I was thinking is that this was a bad beat story.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've gotta try to keep the ego in check, lest I become another Helmuth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 02:49 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
Given your play, he might think his hand is better against you than it was. You're the one playing looser than you used to, so I might take a shot at you with that hand.

"and he should've known that his hand would need to catch to beat me" How loosely have you been playing? Maybe he DIDN'T know that. You don't say how big your stack is, and you've been "running over the table" so you can't have Aces every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't been raising every hand or playing every hand. And I had shown down a lot of strong hands (A/A, A/J, other pocket pairs, etc)

When I say I was running over the table, I had them all figuring me out wrong. When they thought I was bluffing, I had a hand. When they thought I had a hand, I was bluffing, etc.

Post-flop I was picking off their bluffs and coming over the top of them and getting them to fold, and showing them my bottom pair. I was letting them know that I had strong reads and that their bluffs would be picked off against me.

We were only 6-handed, so you have to be a bit more aggressive anyway. But there's no way I'm folding any hand to him getting 4 to 1 odds to call and eliminate him on such a large pot. I think he just made a mistake when he was desperate, hoped his two cards were live and figured he could get lucky (which he did) and get back into the game.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm part Latvian or Lithuanian, I think I'm your twin brother Julias......

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you're not very intelligent, I'll inform you that Latvians and Lithuanians are not Slavs, therefore, thank God, there's no possible way you could be related to me. Besides, my people originate from the southern part of Russia, far away from the Baltic countries. However, if you are of Baltic persuasion, that would clarify why you're not capable of anything that requires one to be intelligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

A picture of myself and my good friend RussianBear everyone:

Old 12-04-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I was thinking is that this was a bad beat story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, his hand didn't knock me out of the tournament. And I was happy to see that I had him dominated, he was practically giving me his chips that hand.

I was just wondering if there are other 2+2er's who would make the play he did, and what their reasoning would be. I still believe he was just desperate and didn't bother to calculate the pot odds he was giving me. But perhaps there's something I missed that another 2+2er would reveal why they would make that play.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:28 PM

Normally I don't mind your posts gnu, but this is just a combination of a brag (I dominate every table I sit at!) and bad beat (I play so well but always get bad beats!) post. There is a new forum for that.