Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-15-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Super Monday Hand - Bubble W/AKs facing re-raise all-in

Super Monday. 140 pay. 141 left. The bubble. I've been at the table for 24 hands of which I've raised UTG once w/KQs (shown), raised EP once, raised in MP twice (once I gave up the hand on the flop against 2 opponents when I missed) and that's it - so I've raised 4 out of 24 hands. The villain had been pretty aggressive pre-flop with about 18% pre-flop raises.

Blinds 200/400. Average stack is probably around 5500, maybe a little less but I'm definitely above average with t8229 and sitting fairly well.

I have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG and raise to t1100 (standard). All fold to the villain in CO who pushes - he has t9987 having me covered. Action's back to me.

The pot is t9929. It's costing me t7129 (the rest of my stack) so I'm getting 1.4 to 1 odds.

Do I make the call?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Super Monday Hand - Bubble W/AKs facing re-raise all-in

"He's stacking some chips and he will....make the call" Isn't the pay for 140th crappy anyway? Gamboool!
Old 11-15-2005, 02:20 AM

I call.

If i ignored the bubble, i still think your good vs. his range, and i think being on the bubble just widens his range a little bit, he could be trying to bully you ot of it.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:22 AM

I call in a heartbeat. Not to mention if you win this hand, you can really really bully the table in the upcoming rounds.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:27 AM

You are just getting odds against any non-AA/KK pair. If there is any chance that he can do this w/ a non-pair, then the call is mandatory. Since AA/KK should be discounted some due to the largish size of the raise, I think I instacall here given your somewhat recent image and the other factors. You would have to put him on a pretty narrow range that definitely included AA/KK for this laydown to be correct. The fact that you are on the bubble is relatively meaningless. As DN says, there is a lot of power in that pot.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:40 AM

Thanks. That's all the feedback I needed. Yeah, I figured I was getting okay odds against a middle pair and if you throw in the possibility of any non-pair hand it was +EV. So here I am working and posting versus playing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] He had 99.