Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-14-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Encouraging your table to stall in a tourney (long....as usual)

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know what that means.

[/ QUOTE ]

too long; didn't read

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 03:39 AM

the show is edited.

they didn't show every single time williamson had time called on her.

there's more than one tourney-director around to handle such situations.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he had simply stated in chat: "you know we have 7 players at our table and the other table has 6 and its not hand for hand, I wonder, if we were to stall every hand wouldn't it make it more likely that all 7 of us would win" ... Would that be considered cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If a player
> in this situation would have said "hey, we have 7
> players and they have 6, if I have real complicated
> decisions each hand we might take more time than
> them". Would that be considered wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great minds think alike
Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know today, someone playing at my $100 NL Holdem table said "this guy tries to buy pots, call him down." A few hands later, I pushed all in with AK on a K94 flop, someone called me with KJ (which they probably wouldn't have otherwise), and caught a J on the turn. I lost $80.

I'm going to email Party and badger them until I get a refund, CLEARLY this is collusion. You can't talk about strategy at the table or how to play against other players. I should get my money back. I'm not going to stop until Mike OMalley himself makes me feel important by giving me a long reply stating the obvious.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a completely different situation. Talking strategy at the table and making comments about another players style of play is much different than colluding during a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, how is this not collusion

the competitor is not saying "oh he plays pretty good" which is somewhat vague enough to be tolerable. He is specifically stating how to play against another competitor which is prohibited.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:46 AM

MicroBob ,

Check your PM's
Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The more I read the worse it sounds. Have you no sense of personal responsibility? Are you a perpetual victim?

You've played these tourneys before, complained before, got squat from Party before and yet you continue to play there AND piss and moan about how this time it's the same as last time only it cost you money. What a load of BS>

My biggest fear is that there exists an entire generation of victims just like you. We are surely doomed if that's true.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't ask, you don't get, my biggest worry is that there is a whole generation of idiots and trolls just like you. We will all surely be bored silly by your attention seeking if that is true. Clear case of cheating, not to ask for something would be retarded in the extreme.

Mack
Old 11-14-2005, 07:35 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't ask, you don't get, my biggest worry is that there is a whole generation of idiots and trolls just like you. We will all surely be bored silly by your attention seeking if that is true. Clear case of cheating, not to ask for something would be retarded in the extreme.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE!!!!!

Friggin' love the avatar, w00t!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:48 AM

So the guy who calls the clock on Williamson when she cannot folds KJs is Mike O'Malley?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you were able to squeeze Party for a few bucks. Better you than them, eh?

"but I have reported such situations before where it didn't effect me because I think it is inappropriate for players to 'team-up' and discuss stalling at the tables."

Here's the real test. Answer honestly.

Final 4 players of a regular pay structure MTT you find yourself in a three way pot. The short stack is all in pre-flop and you are chip leader along with the #2 stack still in the hand. There is no side pot and the main pot = 3 BBs. Tell me you wouldn't check it down and I'll completely reevaluate my opinion of you.

Obviously, the common practice of checking it out is collusive but accepted. I see a distinction with little difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This has been discussed. Two or more players checking down with a dry side pot and one player all in is very common tournament strategy that most experienced players are aware of. It is an accepted strategy and generally accepted as ethical.

Discussing whether to check down in the situation, on the other hand, or telling a player to check down is commonly accepted as unethical and a form of collusion. Perhaps the distinction is subtle (although it doesn't seem so to me) but it is very real.

Bob's situation is similar. Stalling is ethical, if annoying as hell. Discussing whether to stall or instructing players to stall crosses the line into collusion. Quite frankly, I'm a little puzzled by Mike's attempt to draw distinctions between where it would be ok to discuss stalling and Bob's situation, which Mike agrees crosses the line. Both are unaceptable in my view.

--Zetack
Old 11-14-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Parsing your three 'graphs here's what I get:

I'll collude quietly if that's the most +EV play I have available.

I'm OK with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I flop a 2nd best hand, and bet into the PFR (who has the best hand) hoping he'll raise and knock out the remaining hands, thus increasing my equity in the pot, this is colluding? We both know what the other player is doing, we both know why he's doing it, and we're both helping each other out with the actions we are taking.

Sorry, your BS isn't going to work this time.