Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Maybe interesting hand

Betting the flop was suggested by several. From my perspective we should probably bet the flop coming out of the blind; however, checking and seeing what the action is has some merit, particularly if we have reads on post-flop play that indicate that there is a decent chance the first bet will come from late position allowing us to C/R and face the field with 2 cold.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda new to SH so bear with me

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry. This is a pretty typical microlimit full ring hand. Trix obviously has really good table selection [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Old 11-01-2005, 04:21 PM

This is a trap flop because it's almost impossible to improve your hand and that destroys your pot equity in a 5-way pot. You need to proceed very carefully.

I would check the flop and see what happens. If it comes back two bets I'm done.

The turn card is very favorable and based on the reads you cannot rely on anyone betting your hand for you. I would bet out.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
however, checking and seeing what the action is has some merit, particularly if we have reads on post-flop play that indicate that there is a decent chance the first bet will come from late position allowing us to C/R and face the field with 2 cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a pokertracker aggression factor of 2 over <100 hands (he just said few) is why we checked? I find this hard to believe.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
however, checking and seeing what the action is has some merit, particularly if we have reads on post-flop play that indicate that there is a decent chance the first bet will come from late position allowing us to C/R and face the field with 2 cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a pokertracker aggression factor of 2 over <100 hands (he just said few) is why we checked? I find this hard to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. What are you talking about? You can't rely on stats all that much for a player's behavior if it gets checked to him in LP (and definitely can't rely on a small sample of stats) -- "stats" and "reads" aren't the same thing, though a large sample of stats can give one some very general reads.

Read StellarWind's post above for a reason to check-and-see. I think it's pretty close between bet and check and reads on post-flop play (not stats alone) could sway me one way or another; the size of the field and the nature of the board make this a pretty dicey situation.