Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Some 100NL 6m hands

I open for 4 UTG(113) with Ah3h, UTG+1(89) calls, rest fold.

Flop Qc5s5h, I bet 9 and he calls.

Turn 8h, I check, he checks.

River 2h, I bet 25.

2) 5-Handed, CO(175) opens for a minraise, I call with 22(96), SB(25) calls.

Flop Qd9s5s, SB bets 1, pfr calls, I raise to 6, both call [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Turn 3s, SB bets 1 again, pfr calls, I call, guess I should fold here..dont have a spade.

River Qh, SB Bets 1 again, pfr folds, I call..

3) I(119) Open for 4 utg+1 6-handed with QcTc, only SB calls(95).

Flop QhJd8d, he checks, I bet 8, he CRs to 24, I ?
His stats are like 40/3 over not too many hands, but I havenīt seen him do anything superaggro.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Some 100NL 6m hands

Hand 1: Fold or limp preflop. Suited aces like position. If you raise, you typically have a heads up raised pot with a drawing hand that has no top pair strength - exactly what you don't want.

Hand 2: You were obviously drunk. Don't bluff draw heavy boards, and typically don't bluff people who minraise preflop and minibet flops. They like to call a lot.

Hand 3: Your hand is a little weak for raising UTG+1. I'd limp with it from LP or from open raise from a later position. You should fold preflop. Fold to his checkraise. You're probably crushed, and you're certainly not going to invest your stack to find out.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Fold or limp preflop. Suited aces like position. If you raise, you typically have a heads up raised pot with a drawing hand that has no top pair strength - exactly what you don't want.

[/ QUOTE ]

My plan is to have him fold more than 50% of the time when I make a pot bet on the flop, hopeless ?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: You were obviously drunk. Don't bluff draw heavy boards, and typically don't bluff people who minraise preflop and minibet flops. They like to call a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not drunk, just trying to figure out what I can get away with, so I try to win every pot that might be +EV to go for.
Think you are right on this one though, sucks to end up in some multistreet bluff.

The guy who minraised preflop wasnīt the flop better though.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3: Your hand is a little weak for raising UTG+1. I'd limp with it from LP or from open raise from a later position. You should fold preflop. Fold to his checkraise. You're probably crushed, and you're certainly not going to invest your stack to find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really hate limping and getting raised, so figured I might aswell raise it myself, atleast that way, Iīll have better odds on a bluff.

I really dont have much idea about how to play preflop in NL, but hyperaggro is most fun and works ok so far..

Canīt you win playing this style in NL200 and down ?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My plan is to have him fold more than 50% of the time when I make a pot bet on the flop, hopeless?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a suited ace is one of the worst hands for making this play. Try something like 87s if you want to raise non premiums. Just fold it preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Really hate limping and getting raised

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. I should clarify: I'd limp with it behind limpers, I would never open limp with this hand. Honestly, you give up nothing by just passing this.

[ QUOTE ]
Canīt you win playing this style in NL200 and down

[/ QUOTE ]What style, exactly? If you mean loose aggressive, then the answer is a probably. The key to playing a loose style well is to use position and to stay away from easily dominated hands OOP.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:38 AM

Ok, can u tell me the worst hands you openraise 3 off the button and 2 off the button ?
Do you only limp pairs in this spot or you fold those aswell ?
If the first guy limps, can I then limp too with alot of hands, like Axs, 75s, 22 etc?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Canīt you win playing this style in NL200 and down ?

[/ QUOTE ]
You can, but then you need to adjust your game a bit. You want to pick better spots to make moves. And you want to pick the right kinds of hands with which to raise preflop. Like Malachii said, Axs is a terrible hand to open with early. Better are hands you can hit a flop with. Axs is either going to give you a flush draw, in which case you've built the worst possible scenario for this-- one opponent with a strong starting hand. Or you'll hit an ace, and either your opponents will fold to a riase or have you outkicked. The best hands to bet with are hands that can break premium hands. Pockets, connectors, and 1-gaps are the way to go. Preferably T and lower (otherwise your pairs will get you into trouble with kickers, and will be easier to read). Finally, raise much, much more often in late position in unraised pots than in early position. Position has a much bigger impact than I realized when I started playing.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If the first guy limps, can I then limp too with alot of hands, like Axs, 75s, 22 etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:09 AM

hand 1 fold pf, postflop is fine

hand 2 fold flop

hand 3 i think QTs is fine as a raiser evry now an then from this position, just not evry time. depends alot on how the table is playing. obviously fold the flop but consider checking behind evry now an then on flops like this. you appear to be pretty active pre flop an party 100 6 maxers love to checkraise bottom/middle pair an draws like this to snap of cont. bets. there arent many cards your scared of an it also means you can keep the pot small with a hand that will always be in trouble if a big pot develops.

paul