Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-19-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: AA 2 handed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a push

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, bukem and all other posters who are better than me, will you guys give a little insight into your thought processes. I know this stuff can be boring to somebody whose worked it all out before, but for those of us trying to build our games on your generosity, brevity is the soul of confusion. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

His flop overbet doesn't scare me, no way am I folding this hand vs this guy. Pot is big, you want to win it here. Calling is out of the question since there are so many scare cards on the turn that way either help him, or ruin your action. And there would be 0 turn cards you could fold to at that point anyways.

Basically you have a good hand vs a guy who overplays his hands, makes dumb overbets, and you just stick it in there and hope for the best.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:51 PM

i guess this was less interesting than i thought. i pushed obviously and villain called with KT and missed his running cards.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:53 PM

nh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a push

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, bukem and all other posters who are better than me, will you guys give a little insight into your thought processes. I know this stuff can be boring to somebody whose worked it all out before, but for those of us trying to build our games on your generosity, brevity is the soul of confusion. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

His flop overbet doesn't scare me, no way am I folding this hand vs this guy. Pot is big, you want to win it here. Calling is out of the question since there are so many scare cards on the turn that way either help him, or ruin your action. And there would be 0 turn cards you could fold to at that point anyways.

Basically you have a good hand vs a guy who overplays his hands, makes dumb overbets, and you just stick it in there and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to both you and HotPants for explaining your thoughts on the hand. Making the right decision is nice, but making any decision for the right reasons is much more beneficial to me as a player at this point.