Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-02-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Re: 100/200. BLIND ON BLIND W/ ACENINE.

Not having looked at the other answers...

I would strongly consider capping preflop. Once you don't do that, I would checkcall that flop. It's no more than decent for your hand.

On the turn whether you checkraise or checkcall the flop, I would checkcall and usually fold the river unimproved if he bets again. I think the river will go check-check most of the times when I am ahead anyway.

Tough hand.

lars
Old 10-02-2005, 11:23 PM

I usually muck the turn I think.

It might be a little player dependant but against most yes. Why don't you just say the name of the player it was against?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see any reason to call the turn if you are going to fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really see any reason to call the turn if you are going to fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]thx for the thoughtful analysis.

i didnt think he would bluff the river here.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:11 AM

I really see no problem w/ the way you played it on any street. pre-flop and flop are fine. turn and river are tough decisions but i certainly understand why you played it that way. You called the turn hoping he's bluffing AND that he'll then make the mistake of giving up on the bluff on the river. You weren't willing to pay 2 bets to catch a bluff, but was willing to pay 1 bet to catch a bluff plus opponent's river mistake.
With your strategy, you were getting 8-1 return, which you deemed worthwhile. Calling both turn and river would be 9-2 to catch a bluff which you didn't think worthwhile.
Of course, most important consideration here is not how your opponent plays but how he thinks you play. That's why it's a mistake to routinely play like this, but since he has no read on you, it's probably okay.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:03 AM

It looks fine to me, just about enough odds to call the turn raise as the dirty outs 3xA 2x9 4xQ can all make you a winner - to a degree. And he could be firing on AK all the way.

I hate sucky blind battles like this though as you are never quite sure where you are and it's expensive to find out.