Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Terrible Wynn dealer

I 'think' it was because the second player who looked at their cards and folded said something.

there was no other mixup with the cards. (there was a card dealt ambiguosly a few hours previous, and it was a misdeal, but that was a good dealer who insta stopped the game.)

edit: and even if there was another mistake, the dealer never stopped the game until after three people had acted.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:48 PM

In steamboatin's situation...I think he got a little bit screwed by a floor that wasn't fully paying attention to what was going on.
Perhaps he felt a bit more brushed-off then was really there ...I don't know since I wasn't there.
but it did seem like a situation that could have been better handled.

Also possible that the floor there was simply dazed and intimidated by 'The Shirt' and simply couldn't respond.

I played 15/30 there and we got all the way down to 5-handed...there was a wait-list of 12 players on their video-screen for 15/30 and the players kept telling the floor to get us some players. The floor would nod in acknowledgement of the requests...and then not do a damn thing.

One of the semi-regulars at the table finally decided 'this is freaking ridiculous' and led the rest of the table to all sit-out/take a rest-room break until the floor did something.

I went to the men's room and made a phone-call and came back about 5-10 minutes later. The game STILL didn't have any more players (it took them another 5 minutes of putzing around before they finally started calling some names. there were plenty of players hanging around the rail waiting for seats...it was really weird).

then again, I grew up 7 miles from the Indiana border (in Ohio)...and currently reside in tennessee.
but, as far as I could tell, the floor could really have used some improvement there.

However, IF they can keep the tables filled I love the extra-space from the 9-handed tables and the very nice chairs there, etc etc.
I'm not completely anti-Wynn.

when I go back to Vegas I would probably play there again.

I guess I'm kind of like Mason in that I really WANT the Wynn to succeed and get it right...but I have my doubts that they actually can/will.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a post about it but the consensus came back that I was from Indiana and wouldn't know a good floor decision if I saw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

case closed
Old 09-30-2005, 08:46 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 03:34 AM

I'm at the Wynn about 40 hours a week. I'd say on the whole that the dealers there are excellent. I don't know who dealt that particular down. But, its an exception to the rule.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:32 PM

I won't name anyone, but there is only one terrible Wynn dealer and a one or two weaker ones. Most of them are excellent.