Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 07:05 AM

Default I don\'t ever do this but it seemed right..

CO was bad, loose, and fishy. Button was a big LAG, borderline maniac I'd say. How's this for a river plan? Should I get more money in on the turn? Anyone *gasp* fold on the flop?

-DeathDonkey

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks intending to checkraise the LAG...
Old 09-21-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Re: I don\'t ever do this but it seemed right..

Id be tempted to fold the flop depending on what CO's aggression is like. We prob have button beat but is CO loose/agg or more of a fish?

I think the turn is the place to raise, you have half a chance to fold CO and we will be in pretty good shape vs button most of the time.

The way you played it i would go for overcalls on the river. CO wont be folding a J or 2 pair or anything we beat for two bets if he is as bad as u say and being 3bet from button would be sickening.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:28 AM

Why do I get the impression that the CO will have Jx about 90% of the time here and will call the check/raise about 100% of the time?

Now is the time when you tell what I'm overlooking here. Even if the dumb LAG fipped over AK, I don't see how we are good &gt; 33% of the time that we need to be in order to make this raise. You aren't thinking that the CO will fold J9 to the check/raise are you?

I just call here fwiw.

Brad
Old 09-21-2005, 08:09 AM

I would cap the flop and see if CO cold calls 2. If he does, then I'm seriously considering check-folding the turn. Besides the wheel draw, there just isn't much he's calling 2 more cold on this flop. However, you did say he was bad so maybe your line is fine.

I wouldn't be checkraising the river.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:21 AM

I'd just fold the flop. IMO capping the flop here for information is pointless because the information you'll get from it is extremely unreliable.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:49 PM

We just disagree on how likely he is to fold a hand like J9 for two bets on the river. That said I probably should have CRed the turn if I intended to do this on the river. I think anyone who wants to fold on the flop is insane.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-21-2005, 04:08 PM

I think given your description I would much rather CR the turn then wait until the river. The CO is probably just as likely to fold to two cold here as the river, and at least he doesnt get to pair his kicker which will make him much less likely to fold obviously. I do think that if the button is a maniac a turn CR would be a good play here.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:18 PM

I think you have to fold the turn. I probably would have folded the flop when it is two back to me, but as you called I don't see how you are ahead.