Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Gotta love Pacific.... (low content)

I guess this really belongs in Internet (the Zoo), but i don't know them there and i hang out here, so i feel much better posting low-content threads here.

As i write, i'm playing 5c-10c NLHE at Pacific, $1 to $10 buyin. I just saw a hand with the following action:

One limps in from UTG + 1, MP raises all-in to roughly 100 x big blind (two red cyber-chips plus a little change), blinds fold, and UTG + 1 calls the raise.

The board comes (Pacific all-in style, at breakneck speed!) with four clubs. Caller shows QTo, no club, Raiser shows TT with [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to take down the pot.

If you want a forgiving environment to learn to play poker, you should visit Pacific. (Remind me of this if you ever hear me whining about their uebercrappy software!) Just don't overfish my pond. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Gotta love Pacific.... (low content)

I signed up with them through an affiliate program so I could get Poker Academy Pro. It has been the most frustrating experience for me! First, the software blows but I've not suffered as many bad beats as I have there, at least at the .5/1 limit.

I did a little better at 1/2.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:11 PM

You probably suffer so many bad beats because you're much better than their average player. (Most likely you already knew that, but it bears stating for those who don't.)
Old 09-02-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably suffer so many bad beats because you're much better than their average player. (Most likely you already knew that, but it bears stating for those who don't.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It is good to repeat. What intensified the frustration was how slow the software was performing.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:20 PM

I can't even get the non-download version to run but ohhh man, maybe I should try again.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want a forgiving environment to learn to play poker, you should visit Pacific. (Remind me of this if you ever hear me whining about their uebercrappy software!) Just don't overfish my pond. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've just started playing and ended up at Pacific first due to a deal for free copies of SSHE and TOP. And yeah, my guess has been that it's definitely been a forgiving place to play, since I can't imagine that I really know what I'm doing well enough yet for the amount I've won to make sense. However, it would take some doing to complain too much about the quality of their software... bleagh... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 12:37 AM

Great place to learn. I just blundered into playing there first, and didn't play anywhere else...don't really remember why. Yes, it's forgiving, and with the right approach of study and trying to play well from the git-go, even a newbie stands a decent chance of winning from the start.

I was too ignorant then to even realize how sub-standard the software was. If I went back there today (unlikely), it would probaby be readily apparent.