Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

View Poll Results: Card size?
Bridge Size (Narrow) 36 59.02%
Poker Size (Wide) 25 40.98%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Supernatural Events

I think the wording of the two options is flawed... I don't want to automatically assume that the "laws of the universe" are something or other... but I answered two. I am slightly re-interpreting the question as such: Do the laws of physics as we know them, account for nature and the existence of the Universe as we know it?

The answer is no. The problem can be traced to the root, matter coming from nothing. Our current laws of Physics cannot explain this, and the Big Bang theory is paradoxical to certain laws of Physics, if we assume these laws were always in place.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize at first this post was about ghosts. The above stands for a deeper philosophical question about the nature of the universe.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Supernatural Events

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there are events which don't conform to the laws of the universe, doesn't that just show that our understanding of the laws is flawed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say incomplete rather than flawed.

[/ QUOTE ] OK: incomplete. But, that doesn't mean that there aren't laws that explain the things which we do not understand. Just that we don't yet know those laws.