Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 08-08-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Priced In

I totally agree. Immediately after the first hand, I knew I had to make a play, but barring a few resteal possibilites with total bs, there was just too much aggression between these hands to do anything with. By total bs I mean: 9/3, j/2, q/5, Instructions/Barry Bonds Rookie Card, etc...I'd happily have pushed with any A or K, or even 45! God's honest truth, the hand before this (utg) I had "The Hammer"--7/2.

On the plus side, we lost 4 or 5 players from my table in that time, on the minus, I got buggered.

Thanks for the advice, I wish I could replay all the bogus junk I folded...maybe there were some oppourtunites I missed in there.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:33 PM

if it will not totally kill my stack, i always call if i'm getting better than 2:1 heads up and i'm closing the action.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:07 PM

This is definitely an auto-call once the action gets back to you, but underlines the importance of taking the stack sizes of opponents still to act into account when deciding on whether to attempt a steal. The 3-4BB you think you are risking could very easily turn into 6-10BB if a short stack pushes into you. Depending on table texture, from LMP if there were more than one such stack behind me I would lean towards passing in this spot. On the other hand, if all of the stacks still to act are in this range then pushing is better than raising as you don't want to give them the illusion of fold equity....
Old 08-08-2005, 03:18 PM

Thanks DE, I agree about the stack sizes thing. I didn't really figure this guy was capable of making the push with a marginal hand. BUT I should have, especially as I already limp/called an VERY small all-in raise with QJ about an hour earlier.

Any responses about the second hand? Q9 is a beast, right, I have to call? I look like a genius if he has pocket fours...etcetc