Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 08-06-2005, 09:39 PM

Default What Hand Ranges Do You Need...

To call the crazy pissed off tilter? I'm talking about when he blows his chips by overplaying a pretty hand, and then the chat box makes it clear he's mega-tilting. At the lower limits, they'll go all-in the very next hand. A lot of the time when I'm lucky enough to pick up a premium hand ahead of them, I'll check, let them push(for 50-150 chips when I'm at 800-1000), let the everyone who assumes he's on tilt call, come over-the-top all in and pick up all the dead money and padding my stack except for the occaional suck-out. Clearly I only do this with a few select hands, ones that are strong enough to hold up when one of the over-callers gets pissed at my push and calls with KQ.

Anywho, when I'm acting after Tilty Mc-Lose-All-My-Chips, what range of hands should I be willing to call with, knowing others are also likely to call. Does the multiway inevitablitiy mean I only wanna go in with those hands that can push and isolate? What if the guy pushes and it's folded to me, what range am I calling with (assuming I have 800-1000 and I'd be risking 50-150)? Thanks,

Blue
Old 08-06-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: What Hand Ranges Do You Need...

The way that you like to limp counting on his push and then repush with your premium hands I think this would work well with JJ-AA, possibly TT. If people will be calling his all-in and not reraising its most likely that this range will be a favorite most of the time. If you put him on "mega tilt" and its folded to you, for only 100 of your 800 chips, I'm calling with AK-AT, 77-AA. Just remember to only widen your range when his stack is this short compared to yours. Next time you get bad beat and dealt a premium hand the next hand, while others are acting, just start swearing and yelling in the chatbox and go all-in. You'll be surprised how many will be calling with KT, A5s, etc. even when your stack is of comparable size to theirs. Theres no rule that says you can't get badbeat, even go on tilt, and wake up the next hand with AA.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:55 PM

First off, the answer to this question is that the answer is different depending on the situation. You obviously are playing a much tighter range if there are live players in the pot. When it's folded to you, if you literally think he's pushing any two and losing won't cripple you, intuitively I'd say call with top 50% of hands. But be sure that he's the type of player that would push any two -- otherwise you have to tighten that calling range up a lot.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this would work well with JJ-AA, possibly TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least at the lower buy-ins, I find I need the strength of QQ as a minimum. AK, JJ/TT get raised and everything else I dump.

[ QUOTE ]
Next time you get bad beat and dealt a premium hand the next hand, while others are acting, just start swearing and yelling in the chatbox and go all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily one of the top 5 feelings in poker.

Thanks!