Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 07-31-2005, 09:41 PM

Default LA 40/80 KK peel one off?

This is one that my roomate says I'm wasting money with this flop call. He's about a 1.5 BB in the party 30/60 and IMO a much better player.

Anyways I've got KK, 5 limpers and a raise on the button. I 3 bet, of course this being LA I don't clear the field instead the UTG+1 caps so it's 7 to the flop.

A 5 8 no backdoor flush draw. UTG bets all call as do I closing the action.

I fold on the blank turn. My friend said my flop call was bad as he thinks there is at least 1 other person holding AK or KQ here and I'm drawing to maybe 1 out or none + factor in the possibility someone has a set of aces.

He said yes quite a few times the pot may lay you the right price but in such circumstances people like myself seem to overestimate their outs (albeit even 2). A possible call he reasoned would be an As Ts Xd where I had a good backdoor draw to the nut straight and/or flush. I didn't see how I could turn down ~35:1 on that flop call not to mention implied if a K turns. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Eh
Old 07-31-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: LA 40/80 KK peel one off?

yeah flop call is fine though sometimes you're drawing to runners against AA or whatnot
Old 08-01-2005, 12:24 AM

I'm not folding any pair here for one bet. Even if I'm sure I only have one out, I'm calling: I'm getting 34:1 and if there's one king left in the deck it's 30:1 to spike on the turn.

To me, folding on the turn might be more of a mistake than calling the flop.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:26 AM

35:1 odds for that flop call is automatic. a more interesting question is how to procede with this hand on the turn and river.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:00 AM

wow I'm surprised Stone and andyfox considered proceeding past the turn. Especially andy who from past posts to me seems to me a solid player who plays a less variance style. It was 2 bets to me on the turn so the decision was easy but I'm not sure I'd call the turn for 1, as the turn brought a straight card 9 (it's LA and so I can't rule out 67s) and also brought the backdoor flush (so even 1 of my K's brings home the backdoor flush). Eh I suck but