Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 06:35 PM

Default I can make stats posts because tomorrow is my birthday! Help!

Ok, so I figured I would play a good 12k hands before I decided to make a stats post. My BB/100 is less than optimal right now, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm 4-tabling or because I suck! Time for some stats!

Also, these hands are all from the last month.

I'm posting this now because one week from today is my last day of work for the summer. I plan on playing a whole lot of poker for a few weeks straight, so I'd really like to know if I'm on the right track!

Oh, this is 1/2 6 max!

Thanks, fellas!

Old 07-23-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: I can make stats posts because tomorrow is my birthday! Help!

[ QUOTE ]
My BB/100 is less than optimal right now, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm 4-tabling or because I suck! Time for some stats!

[/ QUOTE ]

By the very nature of the question, it's both. 4-tabling 1/2 6-max is, no offense, retarded. I can see why some people 4-table 5/10 6-max instead of trying to move up -- yer making good money and the 10/20 game is a headache. But given how beatable 3/6 and 5/10 are for most disciplined, intelligent players (that aren't cursed), 4-tabling 1/2 is just really dumb.

2-table 1/2 so that you can pay attention to the damn game, get good at it, then move up ASAP. Shees!
Old 07-23-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My BB/100 is less than optimal right now, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm 4-tabling or because I suck! Time for some stats!

[/ QUOTE ]

By the very nature of the question, it's both. 4-tabling 1/2 6-max is, no offense, retarded. I can see why some people 4-table 5/10 6-max instead of trying to move up -- yer making good money and the 10/20 game is a headache. But given how beatable 3/6 and 5/10 are for most disciplined, intelligent players (that aren't cursed), 4-tabling 1/2 is just really dumb.

2-table 1/2 so that you can pay attention to the damn game, get good at it, then move up ASAP. Shees!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of bonuses to clear!
Old 07-23-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of bonuses to clear!

[/ QUOTE ]

This may surprise you, but there are other ways of winning money at poker other than rakeback and bonuses [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 07-23-2005, 07:01 PM

If he's 4tabling to build up a bankroll, I'd say that's much more sensible than 2tabling or jumping up to 3/6 where one bad session could destroy half of his roll.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's 4tabling to build up a bankroll, I'd say that's much more sensible than 2tabling or jumping up to 3/6 where one bad session could destroy half of his roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's 4-tabling simply to build up a bankroll I don't think he'd be making stats posts. Sorry, it's just a bias of mine -- people who 4-table and then can't beat the game, and don't know WHY they can't beat the game. Anyone good enough to 4-table a game shouldn't have to ask such questions IMO. Maybe I'm just being silly, I dunno.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:21 PM

I think your flop agression is a little low and your river agression is a little high. You could afford to steal a little more and your went to showdown is a little low probably because you are folding the river too often.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:39 PM

Your stats are 25/15, as opposed to the good players I see at 5-10 & 10-20 (not myself) who are like 25/20. This would seem to imply you are doing a lot of limping pre-flop. However, I am used to playing 5-10 & 10-20 6 max where the players are tighter and you have some fold equity on your pre-flop raises so maybe it is more appropriate to limp more in a looser game.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:19 PM

Yeah, sometimes it feels like raising to buy position or isolate is useless in 1/2.

Anyways, when I started playing 6 max, I guess I was just running good at 3BB/100, so I went from 2 tables to 3 straight to 4 shortly thereafter.

I guess it makes a whole lot of sense to just 2-table for the rest of the summer and hopefully build enough to play 2/4 full by the time school starts.

I do think the 25/15 stat is fine...I started off raising JTo from UTG, but I've tightened up UTG since then.

And you guys think I should call down slightly more often?

I appreciate any advice!
Old 07-23-2005, 09:00 PM

The first thing I noticed was your wtsd and w$sd

I've been like 37.5/50 over 20k hands, but I'm also running good. Dunno what the standard numbers for these are.