Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 12-22-2005, 03:53 AM

Default 60 in 60 days 5,6,7 and 8

well, so far this continues to suck.
day 5 which was i guess sunday, when i posted the 2nd log 1/2 way through the day turned around, i played anouther session that evening and was able to win abotu 2k, making it plus 350 for the day so that was relly nice, then monday went well, masking about 1500, and yesterday also went well making about 1300. then today i hit anouther snag and lost 100BBs in the afternoon, and was able to get about 50 bad, losing just over 1k on the day.
so i guess when i retype that it doesn't sound that bad and it is nice to be in the black, but the point remains i have now played about 17k hands of almost break even poker and it sucks. i am 6k (and change) behind my goal so i will have to work even harder. and it is not like i have been slacking off i am ahead of the game in terms of hands, having played almost 1k hands more than i have to.
so, i am not totally sure what to say, i was going to post some stats and stuff, but looking over pt, i think it is pretty obv, i am running pretty bad, i am losing with AQo,AJo,AT, breaking even(about) with AKs, ATs and some other hands that should be good sized winners. and as i play i know i am getting sucked out on a lot. i don't know i guess it is just the same stuff everyone goes through but i try very hard not to question myself and just play my game and my best, but whenever i can't really seem to win at a game over a period of time a little doubt will start to creep in, did i just get lucky in the past that type of [censored]. but i am going to/have to just ignore that. i know i am running bad and so all i can do it play try to plug leaks and like i said use this as an oppertunity to improve.

really i am also hoping that, well obv., that i will hit a few real good days in a row squuez off 600-700bbs in a few days and get back on track, b/c regaurdless of how bad i run, or whatever happens to justify not completing all aspects of the quest, i will feel like a jackass if i fall real short, and i think that might be part of what is bothering me.

well i think that is about it hope the next entry doesn't suck so much, and regaurdless of what happenes i am going to finish this.

stats:

sunday: +352 1691 hands
monday: +1522 2340 hands
tuesday: +1316 1966 hands
wednesday: -967 3322 hands

total: +859, over 16,966 hands.
dave
Old 12-22-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: 60 in 60 days 5,6,7 and 8

[ QUOTE ]
regaurdless of how bad i run, or whatever happens to justify not completing all aspects of the quest, i will feel like a jackass if i fall real short, and i think that might be part of what is bothering me.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why I stopped making these specific, long-term goals for myself.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:17 PM

Nice to win again, i hope you finnish this quest. Gl
Old 12-22-2005, 12:55 PM

"i try very hard not to question myself and just play my game and my best, but whenever i can't really seem to win at a game over a period of time a little doubt will start to creep in, did i just get lucky in the past that type of [censored]."

this really is a terrible game.

good luck dude, I think you're going to make it.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, so far this continues to suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stay the course. Quitting would be worse than not achieving the goal.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:57 PM

-SmileyEH
Old 12-26-2005, 09:05 PM

props to you for keeping it going while struggling..shows alot of heart..best of luck to you..
Old 12-26-2005, 10:22 PM

you are not alone on the running bad, keep your head and i ll do the same
Old 12-27-2005, 12:38 AM

It always turns around, hang in there!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
regaurdless of how bad i run, or whatever happens to justify not completing all aspects of the quest, i will feel like a jackass if i fall real short, and i think that might be part of what is bothering me.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why I stopped making these specific, long-term goals for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck...but... I do think that this sentence warrents more observation. Dont put unwanted pressure on yourself, just make the right plays and put in the hands. Math takes care of itself.
Try using a tilt-blocker prog. or just dont look at the cashier for a week. All you are doing when you focus on daily winnings is make you second guess how you play. You cant make an average unless the numbers have one constant mean (your correct play) If you throw playing scared, angry, bored (thats a big one)then this will throw everything off.

I have a good little adventure. Play for 60 days without looking at PT stats or the cashier, and see how close the end results are at the end of the 60 days from your estimations.