Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-26-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Finding your biggest leak

I moved up to Party 1/2 in the beginning of December. Dropped $150, but then made adjustment and now just finished my first 10k hands with the result of 2BB/100, that includes the original drop.

Most of my adjustments where made pre-flop. I started limping with callers with more hands, but rarely open limping. Steal a lot. Raise PF more.

Finding the leak in PF game is easier because you can see which hands you lose money with, and adjust.

Finding a leak in your post flop game is not so easy by just looking at the PT stats.

I've read Ed Miller's post about how to distinguish a large leak from a small one, but I am still fuzzy on what mine would be.

Is there a post that lists something like 5 most common post flop leaks so I can go through the checklist and that would at least help me focus on what my leak might be.

How do you go about finding your biggest leak?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Finding your biggest leak

as he says in the large leaks are the ones that appear more frequently and then will cost you more money in the long run.
For instance always betting the flop after raising preflop.

But to find more leaks, better to comment on posted hands or even think what would be your move on them. Or, post hands - even ones where you think you played right.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Finding your biggest leak

[ QUOTE ]
But to find more leaks, better to comment on posted hands or even think what would be your move on them. Or, post hands - even ones where you think you played right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - one thing to add: try to review as many of your hands on PT as you can. You will likely find some leaks and some hands you have questions about then post them here.