Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Some answers to the requests

When you go to sit down at a NLHE or PLO table instead of having 40% of the buyin as default, put in at least 75% if not 100%. Look at the people that sit down very rarely people sit down with the maximum and I believe that is because of the option to buyin with 40%. Now look at Party and Pacific whos default is the full buyin it is rare for people to sit down with less than the maximum.

This is a big reason why I play cash games at Party and play only Tournaments at Stars. If that happened I would likely only play at Stars.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks -
I'm back with answers. Again, I apologize for the delay - all these people keep showing up at our poker site [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll answer these in Q/A form, covering the ones that were in the list when I collected it.

Q1: Tournament information in the hand histories (HH) to improve information from Poker{Office,Tracker}

A1: We're in touch with the developers of both those products. Depending on how those negotiations go, we may be able to provide more information in the HHs.

Q2: Have every individual tourney history sent to me automagically.

A2: Actually, we don't get much demand for that.

Q3: Ability to get more than five tournament histories in an email before you start truncating.

A3: We'll increase this to a larger number at some point.

Q4: I wish the HHs would mention that the play was on a six-max table.

A4: [See A1]

Q5: When you are on the wait list for a table, there is no real reason that the Main Lobby needs to pop-up in addtion to the "seat available" pop-up.

A5: We agree. We'll fix that at some point.

Q6: Ability to hide "announced" and "running" games.

A6: We're working on a significant redesign of the lobby. I've just been reviewing the spec and it makes me very happy. I don't want to go into too many details because something may fall off (or get added) before we release it. Many of us within PokerStars have wanted a lobby redesign for a long while now. But the programming-meister has (understandably) concentrated on things like scaling up the software to handle the ever-growing load on the system. After all, a cool lobby does you no good if the system crashes frequently. He now feels that he's got some breathing room on that front and has sent around a spec for a new lobby. You're going to love it. Told you all that to tell you this: the ability to show only "registering" tournaments is on that spec.

Q7: It's insanely hard to find specific S&Gs that I want.

A7: [See A6.] This is one of the main thrusts of the lobby redesign.

Q8: I want to sign up for a S&G with fewer clicks.

A8: ibid.

Q9: Hard to find the ring games that I want.

A9: ibid.

Q10: Sequence of display of full ring games mixed up with six-max games, making it hard to find full ring games with seats in them.

A10: Again, this is in the new lobby spec, and nobody wants it out.

Q11: Alternate table images

A11: We're on that. We have developed the software to support this, and are working on graphics. Go have a look at

Our test site

Note that the graphics there are just to test the function, and won't be exactly what comes out in the final edition.

Q12: Partial FPPs (e.g. you get 0.5 FPPs if there's $.50 rake).

A12: We may do that in the future, but it's a significant impact to our software, the FPP program, etc. We have no immediate plans to do it.

Q13: Option to cash in FPPs for cash.

A13: We offer FPPs to enter many types of tournaments including satellites to our big Sunday events. We will add more options for FPP (especially for VIP players - it's going to be huge), but we don’t currently plan to offer the option to cash in FPPs directly. That looks too much like r*keb*ck.

Q14: It bugs me when the client grabs keyboard focus when it's my turn.

A14: We did that on purpose so people wouldn't miss their turn. However, (1), we are considering adding "Advanced Options" where 2+2 dweebs and their ilk (who like nothing more than tweaking their poker site interface) will be able to customize the playing experience. I would expect that item to be high on such a feature. (2) Check out

Microsoft's Power Toys "TweakUI" feature

It lets you prevent apps from grabbing keyboard focus if you don't want 'em to.

Q15: And finally, for the number one favorite question everybody wants answered: "What about r*keb*ck?"

A15: Short answer first: We don’t plan to offer rakeback. However, we do plan to introduce a VIP program (soon) which will give substantial awards to high volume players. For instance, how'd you like to trade your FPPs for a WSOP, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure or European Poker Tour package?

Note also that our rake is substantially lower than our main competitor’s, especially for low and mid-limit fixed-limit games (as was pointed out elsewhere on these pages). For example, our rake is lower by:

39% for $.50/$1
20% for $1/$2
16% for $2/$4
14% for $3/$6
10% for $5$10

Also note that the FPPs return 5-8% to tournament players (depending on how you want to calculate the value of the tournament entries and such).

Frankly, I've never really understood the fascination with rakeback. It's like people who pay too much tax, giving the U.S. Government an interest-free loan. Then they get a rebate in April from the IRS, and go "Whoo-hoo! Free money!"

------

So that's it. I hope this has been enlightening for you all, and keep the cards and letters coming in to:

ideas@pokerstars.com

We'll keep working to make you happier customers.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee I think your site is a pile of [censored] and cannot wait for the day you and your criminal co-workers get thrown in jail.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A15: Short answer first: We don’t plan to offer rakeback. However, we do plan to introduce a VIP program (soon) which will give substantial awards to high volume players. For instance, how'd you like to trade your FPPs for a WSOP, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure or European Poker Tour package?

Note also that our rake is substantially lower than our main competitor’s, especially for low and mid-limit fixed-limit games (as was pointed out elsewhere on these pages). For example, our rake is lower by:

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's true for low limits, but at 10/20 shorthanded here are my numbers:

Party : $0.2448/hand
Stars : $0.2443/hand

2% difference.
Do you see where the 35% rakeback makes a difference so players choose one site over the other?
Your new VIP rewards program better be good. Don't insult your players like Party did with offers of $200 for 20k raked hands.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your new VIP rewards program better be good. Don't insult your players like Party did with offers of $200 for 20k raked hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and mine was 9k hands for $85. I haven't played Party since. So, yeh, don't insult your customers.

Incentive are goot, but they need to be Obtainable, Desirable, and Realistic. ie: 500k raked hands for WSOP main event buyin is not realistic.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:06 PM

Agreed. What I'm hoping (and what will be the only way I will be playing ring games at Stars) is that the # of FPP's needed for a WSOP package will equate to a 25% rakeback (basically, what I'm saying is that the same # of hands that would have netted me $12k at 25% rakeback will earn me a package.)
Old 11-01-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I mentioned before (and as I'm sure you all realize) our first priority is to make sure that the software is rock solid reliable, even as the site grows like a weed. In November of '03, we hit 10K players on the site at once - I remember because I have the screenshot to prove it. A week or two ago (less than two years later) we hit 70K players on the site at once. When the programming folks tell me that they have to work on scalability and reliability, I don't argue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if you guys use load balancers/optimizers at your data centers... I'd be interested in talking to you about it, Lee..
Old 11-02-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Q13: Option to cash in FPPs for cash.

A13: We offer FPPs to enter many types of tournaments including satellites to our big Sunday events. We will add more options for FPP (especially for VIP players - it's going to be huge), but we don’t currently plan to offer the option to cash in FPPs directly. That looks too much like r*keb*ck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of being able to purchase $100 bonuses (or other amounts) with the FPP if we can't do cash directly.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:04 PM

My suggestions are only based on my SNG experience, since that's all I play at Stars.

1) Can the "Tournament will start in less than one minute" waiting period before single-table SNGs be eliminated? Just GO!

2) Get rid of lobbies for single-table SNGs.

Really Minor Requests:

3) Remove the "auto muck losing hand" and "auto much winning hand" menu options in the main lobby and replace them with a "automuck" checkbox (defaulted to on) in the table window. That way, on the super-rare occasions that I want to show, I can do it without swimming through twelve windows.

4) Shorter wait between shoving the pot and dealing the next hand in SNGs. Sometimes it seems like it sits there forEVER. What's it waiting on?

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:06 PM

make the buddy list more user friendly

request menu -> find a friend -> down arrow -> scroll for a while -> too damn much trouble
Old 11-02-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
make the buddy list more user friendly

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, it drives me crazy when I search for someone and they are playing more than one tournament. I like how the list pops up with all the tourneys they are in, but I hate how clicking one tournament closes the window. Then you have to search again just to see how they are doing at other tables.
Closed Thread