Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: KQs runs into super TAG

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a read on CO?

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of you have concerned yourself with him. I really didn't in this hand maybe I should have. But I had seen him pay whatever it costs to see every turn for about 15 hands straight (since he sat down). If he had hit the flop or he hit the turn he would come alive on the turn, but he could really have any 2. So I didn't worry about his cold calls much since he seemed to hate money.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you think this guy thinks you're a good player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question Miles. I had been getting a bit liberal and laggy since the three to my left were 2 rocks and him. But I had not seen him play different players differently so I couldn't tell if he was taking a shot at me cause he thought I was good or just pushing the hell out of a premium hand like he'd been doing all night.
I hadn't mentioned it but this read was after 50 hands and this is the first time we'd been a pot together at all.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you bet into the preflop 3-bettor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I had, as my freind calls it "premature donk, poker ejaculation" I hit my card and hit the bet without fully thinking things through. Though I still think with 2 diamonds on the board letting this check through is awful. So in order to sound better that's why I bet, because of the 2 diamonds.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I didn't notice the 3rd guy cold calling on the flop. I kind of like a turn donk now since a free card is more disastrous than if we're heads up against a likely way behind hand, and the PRRer is probably les likely to raise unless we're way behind since he's got to worry about the other guy. Then again we'll be getting like 14-1 if he does raise, I'm guessing we have 3 effective outs if that happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If it's still 3 handed I like a bet/fold on the river. I don't know if I could lay it down heads up getting like 15 to 1, but I think that's probably the best move, we've gotta put a bet in on the river and we're usually badly beaten when we check/call, so I guess bet/fold whether heads up or 3 way.

By the way, on the turn we have like 3.6 effective outs if he we donk bet and he raises and we put him on either AK, AA, or KK and ignore what the other guy has, so I don't really like donking there now as we'll have to call the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Sharpie is spot on here. If it were 3-handed or HU on that turn, I would check-call as he'll often to continue bet his flush draw anyway. However, 4-handed he will take a free card with the flush draw. If raised, folding is not an option at this point given the size of the pot.

The river I agree that with a check-call we are almost never good.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one has done this yet, so i'll try:

behind to:
AA (6 ways)
KK (1 way )
AK (8 ways)

ahead of:
QQ (3 ways)
JJ (6 ways)
AQ (12 ways)
(plus, if Villain is re-isolating your or otherwise really aggro preflop)
TT (6 ways)
99? (6 ways)
AJs (4 ways)

[/ QUOTE ]

as you have AJs, what about the possibility of KQs (6), we'd be tied, but he could be freerolling with 1-2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

as you have AJs, what about the possibility of KQs (6), we'd be tied, but he could be freerolling with 1-2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there are 2 remaining combos of KQs ([img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]). AJs is already marginal to be in Villain's preflop 3-betting range; i'm a LAG and even i don't 3-bet with KQs (after most raisers, anyway).

I really don't see this guy 3-betting KQo preflop.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm way off base on this, someone please let me know though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your way off base but not raising KQs in tight games (3-5 to the flop) and raising it with more than that is stolen directly from SSH.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:38 PM

This hand reminds me of this thread. It's not quite the same because we didn't limp, but it still ends up with the question of betting into a villain who had the lead in the previous round of betting.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:55 PM

Call and donkbet the turn.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand reminds me of this thread. It's not quite the same because we didn't limp, but it still ends up with the question of betting into a villain who had the lead in the previous round of betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this hand, I do think we need to lead this flop. This TAG will raise 99-QQ here a good amount.