Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Responses

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he HAD a legally enforceable debt, he is not entitled to, essentially, steal the money to repay the debt.

The bank cannot "repo" your car unless they go through certain procedures, like having you agree to that method in the original loan, and having the car serve as collateral for the loan.

Dave's bank account is not collateral for his loan.

If Sean walked into the open door of daves appartment, saw $700 lying there, and took it, he is still guilty of theft, and possibly burglary if he formed the intention of committing the theft prior to entry.

Outlaw street justice feels good, but its almost always illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, of course I agree on this 100 percent. I was merely stating that not only should he not be stealing to try to collect a debt, but that further, he almost certainly doesn't even have a legally enforceable debt.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Shady potential fraud and thievery (long)

I don't get any of this.

[ QUOTE ]
Sean decided it would be a good idea to let Dave use his party poker account to pay back the $100 (morons).
Sean will wait til Dave has the required money in his account, deposit that money to party poker, transfer the money to his party poker account, then transfer the money to his neteller account.

[/ QUOTE ]
So Dave had a party account?? Why let him play with Seans? Why not just transfer the money?

[ QUOTE ]

Again, what are the moral and legal ramfications of Sean's intended actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?? Do you REALLY need to ask this? Let's see... Taking money from someones bank account without their knowledge... Could it possibly be ILLEGAL? Yes, maybe... How illegal, you might ask. Very illegal.

But he owed the money to Sean? you ask. So what? This is why there are police, courts of law, jails, etc. If everyone who felt that they were owed money were allowed to steal it back all hell would break lose.

Sean should go to the police. They will probably do nothing. Then Sean should start thinking about why Party ends all their emails by a long tirade saying that you should never give away your password. To most, the reason is so self-evident that this practice is generally ridiculed on these boards.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:33 AM

its certainly theft; most likely felony theft due to the amount of money; quite possibly a federal offense bc of the use of the internet or wire transfers.

So someone is going to go after him local police or the feds.

As has been said and repeated it is a bad idea a really bad idea.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sean should go to the police.

[/ QUOTE ] Even if the police cared about online gambling, Dave almost certainly did nothing illegal, or even anything for which he would be civilly liable. Morally he was a jackass, but remember, he played on Sean's account with Sean's permission.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Responses

No I don't. If Sean causes the transfer the authorities will figure it out. Damn you are really being a dumbass. Why the hell do you wnat to argue it is alright. If you're gonna do it just do it.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:40 AM

Juggabear, I'm just curious, what State do Sean and Dave live in?
Old 10-28-2005, 09:41 AM

Ben Franklin was in Hamlet? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 10:26 AM

This post sums up what I have long thought about 2+2.

A good amount, if not the majority of posters are 18-21 years old, have no "real world" knowledge or savvy about them. Oh, and they aren't gaining it here or on Party Poker.

I can't believe I take poker advice and talk strategy with kids who still deal with eachother's "parents" when trying to solve a dispute.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I take poker advice and talk strategy with kids who still deal with eachother's "parents" when trying to solve a dispute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you may be right in what you say doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done. While you'd have to be stupid as sh1t to go through with an actual bank-related money transferring scheme, it does make sense to go for what works. If we're dealing with college kids, usually the parents are a good place to go. Personally, if if the OP's actually willing to consider doing something as rediculous as he proposed, he might as well sack up and deal with it person to person, or if necesary, person to parents every week for a year.
Oh, and just in case it hasn't been said, (...!) you'd have to be clinically retarded to let someone "pay back" debt by playing on your account.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:58 AM

Tell him to do it, but make sure you keep us posted throughout the whole mess. When one of them beats the other with a baseball bat etc.