Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 04:54 PM

Default KQo and a monotone flop

Live 4/8 game at the River Rock in Vancouver. Fantastic game, there were a couple of aggros but most were loose and extremely passive (I had a guy call me down when he was holding the 2nd nuts, and seen others actually call river bets with their busted draws).

I have a tight image, as I have been really cold decked and played about 2-3 hands in the last 3 orbits. I open it up in MP1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Terrible CO and Button both cold-call, SB folds and BB calls. BB is one of the aggros, but he doesn't seem to know the right spots to be aggressive. In a previous hand the player on his immediate right bet, and he raised his straight draw facing the field with two cold and folding them all out. The other player 3-bets and this guy then caps it.

The flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the BB leads out. I raise it and the CO and Button fold. BB then 3-bets and I call.

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he bets and I call.

River is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] he bets and I call.

Something about this hand didn't feel right, thoughts?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: KQo and a monotone flop

Given your read, I like the hand until the river. Raise it up. LAGs tend to get crazy on flushed boards. I expect that he had the Ace of spades, or crap.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:23 PM

I would pop the turn in this situation. I think it's very likely that you have the best hand, like you said, he overplays draws, and this is a safe card, so raise it up.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given your read, I like the hand until the river. Raise it up. LAGs tend to get crazy on flushed boards. I expect that he had the Ace of spades, or crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it not make more sense to raise the turn in this case? This guy at least has a partial clue how to play. He will seldom call a river raise with A high.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would pop the turn in this situation. I think it's very likely that you have the best hand, like you said, he overplays draws, and this is a safe card, so raise it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is probably right. Are we calling down if 3-bet? What if the river is another blank? a spade?
Old 10-23-2005, 08:16 PM

call down and rais the river
Old 10-23-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 10-23-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

call the 3-bet on the flop, call the turn, rais the river [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

call the 3-bet on the flop, call the turn, rais the river [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This line doesn't make much sense to me. What hands weren't we beating on the turn that we are on the river?
Old 10-23-2005, 09:14 PM

its a smallar chance that he holds AQ, or any two pairs with a queen. And hopefully he didnt flop a set or a flush. sure u could rais the turn, but then u can cap the flop anyway.