Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 04:14 PM

Default KJs from BB against a raise

Reads:Raiser is very loose ~80/25 and has been seen raising J6, T7 and 3bet 36o against 3 opponents so I don't respect his raise very much. Button is your average Party fish 50/0.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Villain calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, Villain calls, SB folds.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I think I played the whole hand badly. From my read of the pf raiser I should have 3bet and then raised the flop. Turn and river are fine I think.

Anything stand out as being completely wrong?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: KJs from BB against a raise

If you raise the flop you're just going to blow everyone out of the hand, which will lower your equity. If villian is that crazy, and if he's been showing down crap, then I raise the river.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise the flop you're just going to blow everyone out of the hand, which will lower your equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

But increases our chances of winning when hit a K or a J. I don't mind a flop raise here.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:31 PM

No, i think you have to raise the flop. If you blow evryone out thats fine it increases the chance tou'll win by spiking a king or jack. If everyone calls thats fine to because you're getting the correct odds on your flush.
Dont 3-bet pre-flop.
Turn and river play are standard.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:53 PM

i agree with raising the flop. my question is a step backwards: why not 3-bet preflop?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:05 PM

Cause SSH says to just call?

Fishlips
Old 04-26-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fishlips

[/ QUOTE ]

is that a question or statement? i actually should retract my question because you're out of position and it would be easier to play this hand later by limping now...i think [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2005, 05:09 PM

No, because if you only hit a jack or king on the flop you might be dominated. The fact that someone raised (and you have callers to two bets) makes this more likely than if noone raised.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:13 PM

His read on SB is that he raises with a huge range of hands. I think our risk of domination here is low.

Having said that, I think you should look for a better opportunity to 3-bet him preflop. I'd just call here.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fishlips

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a horrible answer. You need to account for player reads when making these plays. SSH does not account for such reads, it is a generic starting hand chart.