Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-29-2005, 12:25 AM

Default RESULT

Well I decided to take the consensus advice in advance and raise. Here is how the entire hand played out.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (4.10 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.55 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (9.55 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets (all-in)

River - (13.95 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___all-in

Total pot: (14.95 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $116.50 | Side Pot 1: $30 | Rake: $3

Hero: [ Qs Qd Qh 2c 3d Td Kh ] [ three of a kind, queens -- Kh,Qs,Qd,Qh,Td ]

Seat 8: [ Jc Kd Ad 4d As 8c Tc ] [ a pair of aces -- Ad,As,Kd,Jc,Tc ]
Old 12-29-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Re: RESULT

Nice hand. Go figure. The reason I wanted to play the trips a little slower and just call 5th was in case he had a hand like he had and might fold if bet and raised into. Many others with his hand would have folded, including myself. The fact that he paid you off till he was all in is mind boggling to me.

Nice get.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he paid you off till he was all in is mind boggling to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think his four flush explains it.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:47 AM

I guess. For some 3 of a suit on 5th is a flush draw. But in general, If you have a high pair on board, and more so if its the door card, and someone else raises into it on 5th or higher, you are usually in big, big trouble. Some people won't fold there becasue they feel that someone is trying to put a move on them by raising their on board pair. If a player plays like that,as your opponent did, he will usually wind up all in sooner or later. It was a nice win for you.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Rolled vs paired ace door

I know I'm late posting a reply to this hand, but I'd like to anyways.

I think you need to raise 5th street, but only because of the way seat 6's board has developed. This is the kind of board that may be willing to call 2 big bets in this situation. If you were heads up, or his board was a little more uncoordinated, I usually like to wait until 6th street to raise.

The problem raising 5th street when you are heads up is that you are basically telling your opponent you have trips. If your opponent is a fairly good player he may even be able to get away from aces up on 5th. But when you wait until 6th street to raise, most players will call the raise and see if they fill. Then they usually pay off the river since they use the logic that there is so much in the pot.

If your opponent sucks then you can just go ahead and raise 5th street heads up anyways, since you know hes gonna call you down.

I thought about perhaps just calling 5th street, and then raising 6th street if it comes clean, but there is a big problem doing this. When the guy with aces on board sees 2 people calling him, hes gonna check 6th street a lot, and you'll lose that extra bet.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:05 AM

This wasn't three to a flush on fifth. It was four to a flush on fourth. If you bet open Aces with a four-flush and someone raises, do you fold?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:30 AM

according to the results posted seat 8 had:
Seat 8: [ Jc Kd Ad 4d As 8c Tc ]

I only see 3 diamonds for him. So it becomes then Aces with 3 to flush on 5th, with another player raising that. Folding seems best in that case.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:37 AM

Sorry stud - I wanted to make sense of his play so bad that I halucenated a four flush for him