Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 05:32 AM

Default what\'s my river plan?

UTG and CO are both loose-passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

my actual play and results to follow.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: what\'s my river plan?

bet. if you are raised by UTG and CO folds then reraise.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:44 AM

With no reads I find this hand hard to understand. I'm guessing UTG is an over-tricky LAG and CO is just weak.

UTG's flop check, turn cap must be a monster? 99? Can't figure out what CO has got - if he is on the flush draw, why not bet the flop?

I think I might check this, and let UTG bet the river for my information. If UTG bets and CO raises, its an easy fold. Otherwise you can chck-raise.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:03 AM

bet and fold to 3 bets

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 03-04-2005, 06:08 AM

"Can't figure out what CO has got - if he is on the flush draw, why not bet the flop?"

"UTG and CO are both loose-passive."
Old 03-04-2005, 06:10 AM

HAHA lol thanks
DUUHHHHHHHHHH [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Re: my plan

you guys never sleep, do you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] response time sure is better here than on the PLO board.

based on what i had seen from UTG, i think his minimum hand here is a set, but it is more likely he has A5 or 65 since he capped me. CO's hand is somewhat of a mystery, but a flush draw certainly makes sense.

my actual plan was: check, raise if UTG bets and CO calls, raise if UTG bets and CO folds, fold if UTG bets and CO raises, call if UTG checks and CO bets.

looking back, i'm not sure this is more profitable than betting. however, i think there was a good chance the passive UTG flat calls me here with a set, afraid of the flush. and if CO raises, i am certainly not happy i bet whether i call the raise or not. of course, there's a chance UTG will check a set upon seeing the heart, and i lose a bet by not betting.

i doubt that any course of action will change whether we lose CO. after that turn play, he has either made his draw or has a hand that he wants to show down.

thoughts?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys never sleep, do you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] response time sure is better here than on the PLO board.

[/ QUOTE ]

11AM here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
my actual plan was: check, raise if UTG bets and CO calls, raise if UTG bets and CO folds, fold if UTG bets and CO raises, call if UTG checks and CO bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thoughts, but your right, half the time I try this it gets checked through. Maybe betting is better, but I really don't know!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:12 AM

9pm here

you only really fear the cutoff having a flush - you are going to get callers when you bet so that fear simply doesnt justify the disaster that is it being checked all round

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 03-04-2005, 07:12 AM

Just bet. Given UTG's turn [play, he has hostility issues, and might well raise you with slowplayed trips or something like that.

Again as UTG looks slightly mental, I think he would have bet a flush draw on he flop. Agaisnt him alone I'd cap the river.

If CO wakes up on river with a raise, just call, unless he three bets an UTG raise, in which case i would fold.