Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: A really bad hand

I remember one time I had 6s3s in EP and normally I auto-fold this hand, but for some reason I paused for a second and thought "I think I should play this." Then I thought "Wait a second, what the hell am I talking about? 63s?" Fold. The flop came out 2s4s5s and it turns out someone had a suited As. And I thought to myself "That certainly is interesting." But I didn't think too much about it because I knew that unless I was in the BB or otherwise posted a full small bet, there's no way I'm going to ever see a flop with 6s3s. I don't know why I had the unusual urge to play it incorrectly, nor do I really care. The fact that I would have flopped a monster means nothing, because nobody has instincts in that way. People can't tell the future. It was a coincidence.

If you don't believe this, or if even a small part of you believes that the 7c that fell on your turn has anything to do with that feeling you got about the hand, don't play poker for any serious money, and don't expect to win when you play for whatever stakes you do play for. There is a good reason why people who believe things like this end up in financial ruin and at GA meetings. There is also a good reason why the people on this site - who for the most part base their play on proper game theory and ONLY proper game theory - fill their bank accounts every month with the money of the first group.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Supersticious?

I am not supersticious. Are you?