Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: need quick hangover advice

On the way back from my final (finished first out of 90 people despite the pounding headache I had the entire time, what a joke) I grabbed a gatorade and chugged it when I got home...didn't help too much. We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, and I got a burrito and was kinda slowly pecking at it. I started really not feeling well, so I went to the bathroom and puked a few times (and I had only barely started drinking my margarita) - it wasn't a oh-snap-sprint-to-the-bathroom moment or anything, I just felt like I needed to throw up so I did it. I did start feeling a lot better after this, but still was eating my food pretty slowly, and just feeling really weird in general (i.e. kinda felt light-headed, but couldn't tell if I was hungry or not). I decided I felt too [censored] to go out and went home for the night after dinner. So, I'm going out to the bars tomorrow night/tonight (Dec. 8) instead, and we'll pretend that's my birthday. Will bartenders still give me free drinks if I tell them I didn't go out last night cause I was too sick?

In the same situation again, I think I would have puked a long time ago. I did start to feel better after I did that, but I think it was too late for me to recover enough to feel alright.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: need quick hangover advice

I don't think you're going to have much luck with the free drink thing. Bartenders aren't known to be terribly sympathetic.

But if it works, let me know. I'll see if the same thing works at 31.